We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset
reviews: 14
10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

We have 10 days (flying in and out of Morocco) in the beginning of April. The kids are 7 & 9 and I want them to experience Morocco. There is no point in travelling if you go to a tourist hotel and sit by the pool! I don't have a lot of money to spend on it, but will spend money on "activities" instead of hotels. A day trekking (with mules/donkeys for the kids to ride if they get bored sounds fun) and maybe an afternoon camel riding in the desert? I would love to stay in a kasbah for a couple of days and get into the Atlas mountains. is Quarzazate the best starting point of is Skoura better? How long does it take to get there from Marrakesh to Quarzazate by car? And from there how long to the Todra Gorge? The kids are flexible but are not great at sitting in the car for too long!

1. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:39 am, January 06, 2007
Morocco and Spain
reviews: 1
2. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

jacklenne said it all...

To answer a point or two. usually travel from marrakech to Ouarzazate or even Todra Gorge (5-7 hours). Stopping at Ait Ben haddaou takes about 1-2 hours more as it is before Ouarzazate (from marrakech). Todat Goreg is quite interesting for you all and the kids. The the merzouga deseet. You should have enought time with 10 days to arrive 1 afternoon, spend the next day and that night take an overnight camel trip int the sand dunes!!

Also with the right folks- you can have lunch with a berber family- and children- in their homes in Merzouga.

then off to Fes- with a stop in the ceadr forest to see the wild barbary apes. Kida will love it. about 7 hors drive to Fes.

next ay , tour Fes with an official guide. See a multiact folklore show with a great magician,,

Complete your circular tour by stopping at Volubilis- between meknes and Fes (almost). a 27 b.c. Roman Ruins site- 8 acres,

Yhen you are close to Casablanca.

You did not say where you were landing. casablanca or marrakech.

I happen to know this can be done in 10 days. Some days of driving a lot- but with stops along the way. if you have a driver/guide- it makes the trip much more personal and a good driver will entertain the kids..

3. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 pm, December 21, 2006
Dorset
reviews: 14
4. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

Jacklenne, thanks for responding to my posting. Which agent did you use for the camel/camping? Also were the tents sealed at the bottom? My husband is going nuts at me - going on about getting snakes and/or scorpions in the tent!!! (I thought women were supposed to be the cautious ones!!)

Blue Men, thanks for your response to. Is it really 5 hours to Ouarzazate? I had hoped it would be shorter than that - are the roads really that bad?

5. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

Removed on: 7:36 am, May 01, 2007
6. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

Removed on: 9:29 am, February 12, 2007
7. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 6:57 am, December 26, 2006
8. Re: 10 days - 2 kids & wanting to SEE Morocco

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 19, 2009