We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech to Essaouira

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Marrakech to Essaouira

Truebeliever, can you please recommend a driver for a day trip Marrakech to Essaouria. We (3) arrive Nov 18 and leave Nov 24 staying at the Riad Zina and want to do the trip Nov 20 or 21 . We would also like to go to Kasbah du Toubkal for the day, what are the prospects for that trip and is it worth it for just a day?

I have read many of your posts and you are unbelieveably knowledgable (no pun intended)!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
1. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

It will be my pleasure to put you in touch with an English speaking driver. All I'll need is to know exactly the day you want to do the trip becasue drivers need to be booked at least a day in advance. On the other hand the trip to Kasbah de Toubkal is interesting for those who like to hike. you should leave Marrakeh about 9 30 or ten and it should take you 2 hours to reach the village of Imlil . The drive is through lush vegetation and beautiful landscapes. Once in Imlil you can walk for 1 hour or two and have lunch at Kasbah de Toubkal which overlooks the Atlas mountain

its a scenic trip

penna
2. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

the national train company oncf has a bus company called supertours.

they now have a 1st class day trip on thier busses it is very comfortable and very easy.

the bus is nicer then thier normal bus which is quite nice to begin with.

ir runs 150 Durham which is like 18.00 us or 13,50 euro

you can get your tickets either at the train station or the supertour bus station next to train station in Mara

I think it leaves at 9 am from mara getting in at 10:30 and leaves

essaouria at 7 pm arriving in mara at 8:30

not positive on the times but you could look on thier web site.

if you deff want a driver let me know i can recommend a few

penna
3. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

I also beleive that hotel Ali runs a day trip to toubkal as well in the

30.00 euro range.

I took a shared taxi ( i buy 2 seats so i can comfortable sit in the front)

and it ran maybe 5 euro each way.

i took the bus back ( was a bit crouded but not bad if you travel light and dont mind traveling with locals , that was like 1.50 euro)

New York City
4. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

We want to go from Marrakech to Essaaouria on Monday November 20. Let's plan on leaving Marrakech at about 9.00am or so and getting back to Marrakech at 19.00. Please let me know how to make arrangements. Also, is 200hH a reasonabale fare from RAK to Riad Zina in the Medina? Can you also give me some idea of fares for a driver to to Kasbah du Toubkal?

penna
5. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

now at the airport they have signs posting what the far to where is.

you can haggle over the price but as it is not a posted thing, they will not haggle much.

New York City
6. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

We would still like to find a driver for a day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira on Tuesday November 21 leaving at about 09.00 and arriving back in Marrakech at about 18.00.

penna
7. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

i will see what the price for one is, I assume that you wish an english speaker.

how many hours will you need him for?

8. Re: Marrakech to Essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 27, 2009