We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where should we stay??

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester, England
where should we stay??

i am looking for somewhere to stay in the heart of marrakech i appreciate nice bedrooms and comunal areas my husband just wants lots of good food we will only be doing bed and breakfast and eating out the rest of the time (as all the food is halal).

We are looking at 4 nights in marrakech (in a nice but not too expensive riad) then to agadir for 5 nights in an appartment hopefully and then back to marrakech for 5 nights i would like somewhere really nice to stay i am willing to pay more here but want to end the holiday on a high.

For the first 4 nights i was trying to choose between Dar Jamila, Riad Caid Rassou and Riad Houdou.

on the last 5 nights i was looking at Riad Houdou.

can any body help me????

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 10
1. Re: where should we stay??

For proximity I'd choose Dar Jamila; for comfort Id choose Riad Caid Rassou

manchester, England
2. Re: where should we stay??

Thanks for your information is the riad caid rassou still in walking distance around the madina? It does seem to have nicer rooms too. have you stayed at any of the hotels before if so what do you think?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
3. Re: where should we stay??

I haven't stayed at either but I live in Marrakehc and knwo where they're located. CAid Rassou is quite a long walk through amaze of streets to Jemma Elfna square. It may take you a couple of days to find your way around. But If you wnat to take a taxi then it's easy. A parking lot isn't very far from the riad

us
reviews: 27
4. Re: where should we stay??

How is the location of Dar El Siam?

Are you familiar with this?

Thanks.

manchester, England
5. Re: where should we stay??

truebeliever can you suggest any places to eat or things to do your probablly the best persona to ask

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: where should we stay??

For food it really depends on your budget. You can eat reall cheap at the stalls in Jemma Elfna ( around 5-7 euros apiece) or eat good traditional Moroccan food at famous restaurants such as Dar Moha ( fusion) or Dar Marjana, Elfassia, la maison arabe, Diaffa (around 50-60 euros ).

For must-see and do in Marrakech, I'd recommend visiting historic monuments( Bahia, Dar Si Said, Ben Youssef) and gardens ( Majorelle and Menara) The souks are also a wealth of sights smells and colours.

And if you feel like travelling outside of Marrakech I'd recommend a one- day trip to either Oureka valley, Imlil or Essaouira. If interested I can put you in touch with orgnaisers

cheers

manchester, England
7. Re: where should we stay??

yes please any info on things to do or places to go (including day trips) would be great. we are in Marrakech for 9 days all together and in between we go to Agadir for 5 nights and we would like to visit other parts on morocco if they are not to far.

also do you know if we can go into the Sahara dessert.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
8. Re: where should we stay??

If you have read my previous posts, you''l have realised I advise short trips outside of Marrakech. Here's a recap.

1- Oureka valley : one hour and a half drive . An intersting excursion to mountian river and lush vegetation.

2- Imlil : 2 hours drive . if you feel lile hiking this is the trip to do. A good hour walk and lucnh at Kasbah of Toubkal which overlooks the Atlas mountain

3 A day trip To Teliout: 100 kilometers from Marrakech. You drive through the Atlas mountain to visit a very interesting Kasbah

4- Marrakech Essaouira: A culturally inspring trip to a mythical city. A must b visit to sample Argan OIL, listen to GNAWA MUSIC or enjoy the beach and seafood

5- Desert trip usually requires at least 3 days especially if your intention is to visit Merzouga and spend a night on the dunes. It's quite a long way.Otherwise you need two nights to visit Zagora for a similar desert experience

Need information on cost and how to go about it don't hesitate to ask

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 112
9. Re: where should we stay??

While it is true that you can eat cheap at the stalls in the Djmaa el Fna, we have had tourists get sick there from lack of sanitation. You can take your chances if you wish, but I recommend the better quality restaurants for some really good and authentic Moroccan food. It's true they cost more, but chances are better that you won't get sick. It's also true that tourists eat at the stalls without getting sick, but why take the chance? It's unfortunate to spoil a short vacation by eating cheap food and then getting sick.

10. Re: where should we stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 19, 2009