We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

neighborhoods in Medina

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NEW YORK
reviews: 6
neighborhoods in Medina

I am thinking of staying in a Riad 2 blocks from El Fna square.

Is the neighborhood safe at night? We have another option close to the Palace. Any suggestions between these two areas?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
1. Re: neighborhoods in Medina

stick to the palace area, it's more agreable especially the KAsbah neighborhood. In the medina it's more a problem of crowds tha security. I would avoid dark alleys and would go where the crowd go

NEW YORK
reviews: 6
2. Re: neighborhoods in Medina

Thanks for your help Truebeliver.

Maybe you can help me witha another question.

I have an 11am flight out of Morroco from Casa. I saw online that there is a 5am train from Marraketch to Casa. Considering the travel time, the extra time from the train station to the airport and the 2 hours before I have to there...do you think I can take this train or is it safer to travel the previous night?

And are these schedules reliable?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
3. Re: neighborhoods in Medina

I would play it safe and travel the night before. Although it's juts 3 hours from Marrakech to Casa and another 40 minutes from Cas to Airport, there are all the time risks of a train delay

4. Re: neighborhoods in Medina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 26, 2009