We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramadan time in October 2006?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 42
Ramadan time in October 2006?

I'm going to Marrakech on 13 of October, untill 16th. Does anyone know when is Ramadan this year? I heard that places are pretty much dead during Ramadan, is it true?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
1. Re: Ramadan time in October 2006?

we are just half through Ramadan. Should end around 24 October. Things tend to be quiet during the morning( cafes restaurants), but shouldn't be alarmed. Shops are open and everything is back to normal in the afternoon. Marrakech is now in full swing

England
2. Re: Ramadan time in October 2006?

Hi,

Ramadan finishes on the 22nd October this year. I have previously been in Morocco during Ramadan and it makes very little difference to your holiday. You just need to be considerate about eating and drinking in public and may possibly find that some restaurants are closed/open early rather than late in to the evening as people will have fasted all day and will want to eat once the sun rises.

Hope this helps,

Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
3. Re: Ramadan time in October 2006?

Hello !

Just back from Marocco, while Ramadan. Marrakech seemed pretty much the same as prior this, although the main square Djaa el Fan did seem a little bit quieter, as to people eating and the music playing, but I would not worry about that.

When you go to smaller places, restaurants and such might be closed until the evening, but even then for tourists there are places where one can eat at any time.

Just keep in mind that the people stay up most of the night, when they consume their meals, so morning hours tend to be a bit slow...

I was travelling a lot by bus and grand taxi and was always considerate when needed to have a drink from my water bottle. After all we should respect the local customs.

JayEs

4. Re: Ramadan time in October 2006?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 26, 2009