We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwhelmed with the choice of riads - please help!!!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Overwhelmed with the choice of riads - please help!!!

I'm going to Marrakech with two friends during mid November for a long weekend and am just overwhelmed with the choice of riads available so need some suggestions on where to stay please.

We have a budget of up to £150 per night and would ideally like to stay somewhere traditional and luxurious.

I have had a quote from the Riad Lotus Perle which seems reasonable (260 EUR per night) but am reluctant to book it after reading some reviews on this website.

I have also contacted Riyad El Cadi and Dar Les Cigognes - the problem is, because there are three of us, we would prefer to stay in a suite which can accommodate all three of us and I'm not sure how common these are.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Overwhelmed with the choice of riads - please help!!!

I to found the choice overwhelming - on a similar budget

Final choice does of course depend on personal taste and preferences

My choice was complicated by the fact that I have to go at half term and of course some of the riads have few rooms so get booked up quickly - as was the case with my first 2 or 3 choices

I don't know where you are from but I was eventually given some advice that was IMHO very pertinent - consider somewhere that is English owned so that you can get advice etc in your own language - particularly if like me your french is not good. More importantly it allowed be to concentrate my search.

Try here:www.hipmarrakech.com

Eventually plumped for the

Riad Darhani -http://www.darhani.com/index.php

with the

Dar Charkia - http://www.darcharkia.com/ a close second

I also looked at the Lotus Perle/Ambre as I have friends who have stayed there - not very traditional and I believe not the best value in town

For the second part of the stay ( after a visit to Kasbah Tamadot , a Berber farmhouse and Essaouira I have gone for the Dar Donab - not English owned and is small but looks traditionally luxurious and and is goodish value

Some of the others I considered were:

Dar El Siam

Riad Noga

Riad Bab Firdaus

Dar Rhizlane (Just outside Medina)

Dar Silsila

Dar Karma

Riad O2

Riad Jonnan (Fully Booked) +highly rataed

Riad Azzar (Fully Booked)

Riad Kniza ((Fully Booked)

l’Orangeraie.(Fully Booked)

Dar Les Cigognes(Fully Booked)

All of which will come up on Google

Good Luck !!!

Mike

2. Re: Overwhelmed with the choice of riads - please help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:25 am, August 25, 2009