We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
warks
reviews: 24
can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

hi

im going to marrakech for the first time in jan for 5 nights as we are leaving the kids at home and its only a cheapy break i dont want an expensive hotel, im happy with a basic as long as clean and not to noisey at night and not too far to walk into medina area, happy with a hotel or guesthouse

ive found a few myself but cant find any reviews and are worried incase they are dumps any recommendations would be appreciated or any advise on these ive found myself, thanks

raid j'ddi

dar marhaba

dar r'mane

dar salam

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 10
1. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

It's very difficult to recommend hotels or riads i fyou don't mention your accommodation budget. However, for cheap and basic accommodation I'd suggest Hotel Ali or Galia- both of which are just off Jemma Elfna and close to the souks. Expect to pay around 25-30 euros for a double room. If you're willing to pay a little more I'd recommed Hotel Oudaya in the enw town. It's a 3 star hotel with pool and spacious rooms

cheers

warks
2. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

hi

thanks for your help im hoping to find a hotel or bb under £30 a night, ive been offered the raid j'ddi at a good price do you know anything about this raid. ill have a look at the others you have mentioned too

karen

warks
3. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

ive found the le gallia is this the hotel you mean, also if you know anything about the raid j'ddi i would appreciate it thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
4. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

Riad Jeddi is located in Bab Doukalla-- a quite nice area in th medina and not very far from Jemma Elfna.

It has few rooms so it's quite intimate. It's not luxurious compared to other riads but is good value for what you pay

cheers

warks
5. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

thanks a lot for your help so far, before i make my decision, is this raid j'ddi in a fairly quiet place at night, as im a light sleeper, i dont mind noise up to midnight but dont want to be woken up at 5-6am lol, the hotel has sent me some photos and it looks fine, and 33 euros a night which i think is great and about £22 about £110 for 5 nights

i also fancy the look of these and the prices for 5 nights for 2 of us , which in your opinion is the best deal,

the morcoccan hotel £142

le gallia £135

Riad Les Oliviers £124

i dont mind it being small as long as clean quiet at night and not too long a walk to the medina

warks
6. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

thanks a lot for your help so far, before i make my decision, is this raid j'ddi in a fairly quiet place at night, as im a light sleeper, i dont mind noise up to midnight but dont want to be woken up at 5-6am lol, the hotel has sent me some photos and it looks fine, and 33 euros a night which i think is great and about £22 about £110 for 5 nights

i also fancy the look of these and the prices for 5 nights for 2 of us , which in your opinion is the best deal,

the morcoccan hotel £142

le gallia £135

Riad Les Oliviers £124

i dont mind it being small as long as clean quiet at night and not too long a walk to the medina

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
7. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

If you stay in ariad in th medina you' re bound to be awaken by the call for prayers, the earliest of which is around 4-to5 am dpending on the season.

For a quiter hotel you need to look in the new town.

If you don't mind the call for prayer then go for riad j'iddi

cheers

warks
8. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

hi

ok thats the raid j'ddi off the list then. dont fancy being woken up at 4am grrr, which guesthouse or hotels that arent too dear are in the new town then thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
9. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

try hotel oudaya or Agdal or Tachefine-- all in the new town and should cost more or less the same

cheeers

warks
10. Re: can anyone recommend a hotel in marrakech

i had already read reviews on these hotels you suggested and the feedback isnt very good especially the tachfine saying its very noisey which is what im trying to avoid, its very difficult picking the right hotel/bb when you dont know the area. another 2 ive found that are a good price are

amalay and hicham are these any good