We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marrakesh market food

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
marrakesh market food

help im unsure? hearing mixed responses regarding the stall food some say it safe and fab others say stay away ????

has anyone tried and survived or has has the misfortune to live to tell the tale.....?

thanks

South coast, UK
reviews: 18
1. Re: marrakesh market food

I wouldn't risk either the whole sheeps heads or the boiled snails. The Marocan guide we had last week said he wouldn't touch the market food because it sits out in the hot and dusty evening air for hours. we had the orange juice but always insited on seeing it freshly squeezed and not mixed with any ice

2. Re: marrakesh market food

I tried. Again and again. I survived.

england
3. Re: marrakesh market food

thank you for both responses .. like before very mixed responses....

maybe try on the last evening with some imodium in the suitcase just incase.. thank you

UK
reviews: 1
4. Re: marrakesh market food

I have eat there many times, and never had a problem. Saying that, I always had the fried food, which is coooked for so long that nothing nasty could survive!

If you want to just 'give it a go' without worrying, I can 100% recommend the chips and mint tea!

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
reviews: 6
5. Re: marrakesh market food

Funny, sheep's head and boiled snails are two of the most popular street foods Moroccans eat, meaning that there is a high turnover so it never sits for long...unlikely for you to get sick from that!

Street food is fine, but the rule is, eat where the locals are eating, and what the locals are eating....stalls that are empty or with lots of menu options have more of a chance of serving you food left sitting around...

Nottingham
reviews: 19
6. Re: marrakesh market food

Ive eaten on the stalls as often as i have eaten in cafes or restaurants and always foudn the food to be great tasting, fresh and great value.

Pick the stall that has the most local people sitting at it, sit down and enjoy.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
7. Re: marrakesh market food

Not sure where the "mixed responses" comes from. everyone responding here, including the first responder, has tried either food or drink and had no problems.

Its easy to see the fruit is freshly-squeezed and they cook the food in front of you (like kebabs) on a grill, so it would be unlikely to be sitting around cooked. far less likely than in a kitchen where no-one can see it.

8. Re: marrakesh market food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 20, 2009