We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early September too hot in Marrakech?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grantham
Early September too hot in Marrakech?

We were planning a trip to Marrakech the first week in September next year with our 3 year old daughter. However I am now worrying that it may be too hot for her. When I checked the weather there a couple of weeks ago, it seemed OK mid 20's but I looked last night (as it would be more or less a year from now that we would go) and it was in the high 30's.

The next time we could make the trip (avoiding Ramadan and committments back here in the UK) would be mid to late October. Would this be a more suitable time to go? Are there any downsides to going at this later date (we are also visiting Essaouira).

Many thanks.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 38
1. Re: Early September too hot in Marrakech?

Its likely to be hot in September. Those temps in the 20s sound like a blip. Check a weather site for average weather data. eg www.wunderground.com

I've been in November and its been pleasant in the mid 20s. Essaouira is fresher with the ocean breeze.

October would be more comfortable, especially if she has troubling sleeping on hot nights.

London
2. Re: Early September too hot in Marrakech?

I would advise against it, especially with a small child. We had temperatures around the 40degC mark last weekend and it's exhausting!

South coast, UK
reviews: 15
3. Re: Early September too hot in Marrakech?

We've just got back from a fortnight in Morocco, starting off in Marrakech. I'd definitely advise you put your trip back a couple of weeks: when we arrived Marrakech was 45 degrees C and unbearable! It had cooled down a fair bit by yesterday 15th it has to be said. Essaouira was very nice!

4. Re: Early September too hot in Marrakech?

Yup, Marrakech is experiencing a heatwave right now. Temperatures are unusually high.

Marrakech
reviews: 1
5. Re: Early September too hot in Marrakech?

Not so hot anymore- 30 in day and 20-ish at night, Feels like the start of winter in comparison!

6. Re: Early September too hot in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 24, 2009