We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 14
A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

My daughter is staying in Morocco with a group of friends. Due to flight alterations she will be on her own for a day without accommodation. Can anyone recommend a hotel near Marrakech airport that will be safe and not too intimidating for an 18 year old who is not a particularly seasoned traveller? Budget of around £80-£90. I would really like this setback to be a positive experience for her.

4 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 77
1. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Marrakech airport is only a few miles out of the city centre so there are not actually any airport hotels - the nearest ones are in the New Town and specifically the Hivernage area, it is a safe part of town

If you use Expedia then you can search by area so just select Hivernage and see what comes up in your budget for the dates

Edited: 7:55 am, August 20, 2014
Ouarzazate, Morocco
2. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Chek : tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293734-Marrakech_Mar…

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 40
3. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Wow, massive budget. I'm a cheapskate and typically spend less than a quarter of that. With your budget I'd suggest one of the upmarket riads in the medina near Djemaa el Fna. They will pamper her.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 6
4. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

I quite agree that with her budget, your daughter should have a lovely time in a beautiful riad in the Medina. If she is to be on her own and, as you say, she is not a seasoned traveller, maybe you could ask the riad to organise a private transfer for her from the airport. Most people's worst experience of Morocco is the hassle of getting from the airport to their accommodation. It would probably be a good idea to remove this pressure from your daughter.

Reply to: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted