We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

My daughter is staying in Morocco with a group of friends. Due to flight alterations she will be on her own for a day without accommodation. Can anyone recommend a hotel near Marrakech airport that will be safe and not too intimidating for an 18 year old who is not a particularly seasoned traveller? Budget of around £80-£90. I would really like this setback to be a positive experience for her.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Marrakech airport is only a few miles out of the city centre so there are not actually any airport hotels - the nearest ones are in the New Town and specifically the Hivernage area, it is a safe part of town

If you use Expedia then you can search by area so just select Hivernage and see what comes up in your budget for the dates

Edited: 7:55 am, August 20, 2014
Ouarzazate, Morocco
Level Contributor
21 posts
2. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Chek : tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293734-Marrakech_Mar…

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

Wow, massive budget. I'm a cheapskate and typically spend less than a quarter of that. With your budget I'd suggest one of the upmarket riads in the medina near Djemaa el Fna. They will pamper her.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

I quite agree that with her budget, your daughter should have a lovely time in a beautiful riad in the Medina. If she is to be on her own and, as you say, she is not a seasoned traveller, maybe you could ask the riad to organise a private transfer for her from the airport. Most people's worst experience of Morocco is the hassle of getting from the airport to their accommodation. It would probably be a good idea to remove this pressure from your daughter.

5. Re: A safe hotel near the airport for a teenage girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2015