We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

Hi,

My fiancé and I are getting married next May and we are considering Marrakech for our honeymoon, would anybody recommend it for a honeymoon? I would love exploring the city and walking around the souks, my fiancé prefers more relaxing holidays, would we be able to find a balance here?

Thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

Hi,

Type honeymoon into the search box above your post, sort by date and you'll find loads of previously posted information, opinions and ideas. Splitting you stay between Marrakech and Essaouira on the coast or a mountain retreat would give you the balance you and your fiancé would enjoy.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

Without wishing to suggest that you use this company, I was looking at their link myself only this morning:

audleytravel.com/destinations/north-africa-a…

You will see that one of the itineraries here backs up shimmin's suggestion which is specifically offered as a honeymoon package. You might want to mirror the itinerary.

Surbiton, United...
1 post
2 reviews
3. Re: Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

We are going on honeymoon to marrakech next Monday, we are staying in the mosaic palais aziza hotel :) cannot wait

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

That's terrific, Laura. Have a wonderful time!

Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

Thanks for the advice everyone, Laura would love to hear what you think when you come back?

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

Ive just got back from Marrakech and although I went with a group of girls, we were all saying that it would be a great place for a couples holiday - you can wander around the souks, go on day trips to the mountains, visit lovely restaurants, and also use lots of hotel/ riad pools around the city for a modest fee. I'd recommend the Beldi Country Club, its a stunning location and the food was wonderful and is just 5 minutes in a taxi from the medina. We also visited the Clementina Riad pool and Riad Les Olivier's, both of which were wonderful, peaceful and had wonderful service.

7. Re: Marrakech as a Honeymoon Destination?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 14, 2015