We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much should I take to marrakesh for a week?? please help

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
How Much should I take to marrakesh for a week?? please help

I have booked a week in marrakesh for 5 people all inclusive so not a big spend there, but for genrally going out and gifts for ppl just wondering how much would be a good amount to bring. this is for 2 adults and 3 children so again not out drinking every night or anything. this is my first time abroad so thinking i need thousands and thousands. but if i could get a genral idea, anyone?

4 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: How Much should I take to marrakesh for a week?? please help

Hi,

Most people bring a small amount of cash to change and then use the ATM's as and when they want more. Read the banks and money article on the right in the top questions box for lots of useful information.

reviews: 8
2. Re: How Much should I take to marrakesh for a week?? please help

Also you can't get Moroccan Dihrams until you are in the country, so you can only take sterling then change it once there. The airport ones only change up cash for cash which we found out ! If your going all inclusive then I wouldn't take a lot unless you plan on lots of trips out and buying lots of gifts !

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
3. Re: How Much should I take to marrakesh for a week?? please help

You can get dirhams before arrival but the exchange rate will be terrible.

London
reviews: 19
4. Re: How Much should I take to marrakesh for a week?? please help

Gifts and things are very cheap there - you could buy a real leather handbag for about £8-£10 - day trips and excursions etc can be haggled for - do not be afraid to ask for discounts. I do think Marrakech is very reasonable - one thing I would recommend with children is to use a hotel pool - you can google riad pools" or "hotel pools in Marrakech" and most will allow you to go in and use the pool and have lunch for a small fee. For children, id suggest one called the Riad Clementina (or similar) - we used it and the pool is big and it was really quiet, so no danger of annoying the other guests with children!

Reply to: How Much should I take to marrakesh for a week?? please help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted