We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night train Marrakech to Tanger this August

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
reviews: 6
Night train Marrakech to Tanger this August

I know there's a train runs each night at 9pm, though for the life of me can't find it listed on the ONCF website.

Can anyone confirm it still runs, as we're staying for a few days in Marrakech, then need to get to Spain via Tanger, and the overnight train makes best sense.

With regards to booking tickets, we're a family of four - two adults, two teenagers, so would prefer a 4 berth couchette. I gather tickets can only be booked once in Morocco, so can anyone recommend a travel agent in Marrakech, so we can pre-book?

Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
Bristol
reviews: 6
11. Re: Night train Marrakech to Tanger this August

Thanks Cadiz Lover. Our Riad owner says the same thing - go to the station a couple of days before we travel. In fact we will be en route to Morocco this time next week.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 221
12. Re: Night train Marrakech to Tanger this August

The town is very nice. I went in the summer as well but did not find the heat too much. It is dry. I always recall walking back from the Jardin Majorelle to the Medina past the Grand Taxis and landing up without a good map near the excellent Ali Ben Youssef Madrasa which is a very nice place well worth finding. One snag with being in Marrakesh at this time of year is the long distance views across to the mountains seemed impossible because of the hazy air. I am sure that you will find the place exciting. Have great trip !

Monterrey, Mexico
reviews: 12
13. Re: Night train Marrakech to Tanger this August

Hello everybody. I finally made the trip by night train, Tangier-Marrakech, a few days ago. These are my general observations:

-Travellink was 100% trustable when it came to reserve & buy a ticket for couchette. I gave them my credit card number and they charged me for the ticket and a service fee. I arrived to Tangier on a sunday and Imad was expecting me at his office. He is a very kind person.

-I decided to use their services because most people in these forums recommend to book the train ticket in advance trough a travel agency (since there is no way to book by internet). But in my case I realized, once in Tangier, that I could have bought the ticket an hour before departure. The couchette car was not full (a whole empty cabin next to mine), not even because it was august, a very busy time for travellers. This is very important to remark since the service fee I paid for was quite expensive.

-The sleeping car was in perfect shape and very clean. Beds are comfortable and they give you a complimentary bottle of water. I didn't use the toilets so I couldn't tell you about that.

-The trip is about 11 hours long, is by night so don't expect any sightseeing obviously. And pray you don't get the roomates I got. Three gentleman that met just there, became good friends and talked and talked and talked until 2 am, sitting on the bed next to mine, and sometimes yelling. The car inspector never bother to do anything about it. They were speaking (and sometimes yelling) in arab therefore the experience was even more surrealistic! But once thy got to sleep, I slept like a baby myself for 6 nice hours.

-It's a great experience! I wouldn't go trough it again, but I have no regrets at all.

Reply to: Night train Marrakech to Tanger this August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted