We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping for football shirts

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
reviews: 67
shopping for football shirts

Hi,

Off to marrakech in deceber and wanted to buy replica footie shirts for english and morroccan teams. Other north african cities that I have been to sell them by the busloads all at excellent prices, as they arent real, where is the best place to buy these in Marrakech and also whats the name of the local team there please,

Thanks

1. Re: shopping for football shirts

The best place to look for those mini shirts is the souk, the central market around Djemma El Fnaa square. The local team is called Kawkab. The best known Moroccan team is Raja of Casablanca.

London, UK
reviews: 67
2. Re: shopping for football shirts

sorry, unclear what you mean by "mini" shirts, I am referring to the football tops for teams such as Arsenal, Celtic etc etc

3. Re: shopping for football shirts

Oh OK, I guess I misunderstood. I was thinking about the mini ones you hang on your rear view mirror.

In any case, you can find fake shirts from whatever brand or football team (life size) in the souks.

The Moroccan league isn't very professional or well-organized. Most people prefer to watch Spanish, Italian and above all French teams, particularly those that have Moroccan players in them.

Merchandising isn't very big among Moroccan football teams. The supporters club of Wydad Casablanca sells fan shirts, but they're not the official players' shirts. Still, some entrepreneurial shop owners may be selling fakes of those.

4. Re: shopping for football shirts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 13, 2009