We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asking people to take pictures.

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fayetteville...
asking people to take pictures.

Hello, I am going to Morocco by myself and I really don't like taking selfies, so do you guys think it would be appropriate to ask people in morocco to take my picture?

thanks

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: asking people to take pictures.

Hi

I too am travelling by myself, but I would be more inclined to ask other tourists to take the pic as opposed to the locals.

Kelly

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: asking people to take pictures.

Thank goodness! Another loather of selfies! It is not a problem to ask a local to take your picture - I see this all of the time and have never heard of a problem. However, make a friend by taking a snap of your helper and ask for their email address to send to them the jpeg on your return home. Believe me - it works! (Only problem is that you may get a gang of kids wanting their photograph taken!)

On a general note please be aware that some people do not like their photograph taken, sometimes older folk (the belief that cameras can steal your soul) but often working artisans protective of their wares. If in doubt just ask.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
3. Re: asking people to take pictures.

Not the best attitude to arrive with Kelly? Would you be so inclined in any country you visited?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
4. Re: asking people to take pictures.

Taking pictures of others without asking permission is frowned upon. Those willing to to have their photos taken will ask for money. Asking locals t o take pictures of you should not be problem. My only worry is if you meet the wrong man who may be tempted to run away with your camera.. Tourists or shop owners will be more helpful

Reply to: asking people to take pictures.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted