We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 1
Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

Hi everyone,

I have read through the common questions, but seems can't find an updated price reference for tours for a desert excursion. We are 4 girls doing this (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N or 4D3N). Tour companies quote us 160 euro/person (all inclusive for 4D3N). I think it is still a lot for the price in Morroco, right? Can anyone suggest a market price for reference? Should I book ahead or book via Riad upon arrival?

Thanks everyone for helping!

52 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 66
1. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

No, I think it is quite good price and if you have all inclusive, I mean even the meals, then it is not bad price.

Hong Kong
reviews: 1
2. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

Thank you, Khamlia. I checked with the friend who helps with the bookings. The price should include transport camel and food, and room but exclude Lunch, beverage, entrance fees (museums) and gratuities. It's 4D3N for 160 euro per person. Is it still a good deal.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 72
3. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

i got handed a flyer just today from a tour company offering 3D/2N half board @ €100 per person - I have no idea if they are good but it gives an idea of the prices you can find when you get to Marrakech.

But really there is no standard price, it all depends on the quality of transport, accomodation and guide - there is a big different between going in an old minibus with 12 other people and going by air conditioned jeep.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 66
4. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

As Nibrika writes, it depend of the quality of everything. If it is by minibus with many people, then it is quite much this price. If it is by 4x4 it is quite OK price.

You can calculate self:

camel trek usually cost around 35EUR it is with half board. The room also around 30 EUR, sometimes only with breakfast, sometimes with half board, so 3 nights is already approx 100EUR. Then car and fuel, the driver so ...

reviews: 5
5. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

I am currently looking at 3 days and 2 nights in and out of Marrakech for my husband and I. Looked at the top rated tours on trip advisor and was quoted much more, 300-360 EUR. If anyone knows of better rates with reputable company, let me know. Thanks.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
6. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

It all depends on how many of you are travelling:

The main cost of the excursion is the driver cost, you can expect to pay around €150 per day, so for a 3 day trek you are looking at around €450, then you have 2 nights accommodation, which will be around €90 for 2 people (€45 each), so that is a total of around €540, so if there are only 2 of you going on the trip, you would be looking at around €270 each.

If there were 4 of you going then the driver cost would be the same, you would just need to add another €90 for the accommodation, so that would be a total of €630 (€157 each).

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 10
7. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

Some travel companies are slashing prices.its 900 dh for 2 days 1 night marrakech merzouga. But you get what you pay for. Travel with 15 people and ride nonstop from merzougz to marrakech. 12 hrs ride

8. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:14 am, April 14, 2014

9. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, May 19, 2014

10. Re: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 8:15 am, May 19, 2014

Reply to: Price for desert excursion (Marrakech to Fez 3D2N/4D3N)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted