We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with a 215 month baby

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Travelling with a 215 month baby

hi,

We are toying with the idea of travelling to Marrakech in September, but are not entirely sure if it's worth doing with an active 15 month toddler, plus I will be 6 months pregnant by then!

Anyone who has been there with babies, and how did you cope in the souks etc??

Also, how far/close would the nearest beach town be and are there any nice hotels there?

Thanks

Bernadette

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
1. Re: Travelling with a 215 month baby

hoildays are quite different with babies along: milk bottles to heat and diapers to change. Bu tit's a ritual you have to go through. It's not going to be easy strolling around in the souks with babiea round unless you backpack them because the souks are pretty crowded.

If you feel like going there you should do it in the morning when the souks are realatively not crowded . As for accommodation you may be better off staying at furnished apartment than at a hotel for the reasons advanced above. I know a few people who opt for this becuase it's very handy

need further help feel free to ask

cheers

London
reviews: 1
2. Re: Travelling with a 215 month baby

Hi,

I would like to know your experiences in Morocco because I plan to travel there with my husband and son who is 17 months old. My son is taking cow's milk but I am worried about the hygene and whether I should take formula milk with me.

Thanks

Alex

Marrakech
3. Re: Travelling with a 215 month baby

Hi,

The main obstacle for babies here in Morocco is the weather : when it's hot, they might not support it and chances of getting sick are high.

Other than that, they should be alright. Pharmacies and major supermarkets have pretty much everything they might need : Baby milk, diapers, etc...... Just avoid bringing your babies between May and early October.

Cheers.

4. Re: Travelling with a 215 month baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 23, 2009