We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to tip barmen all inclusive

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blyth, United...
reviews: 2
How much to tip barmen all inclusive

Just finishing a week all inclusive at club hotel riu tikida palmeriae and want to tip several of the barmen for excellent service, what would be an acceptable amount?

7 replies to this topic
Taroudannt...
reviews: 3
1. Re: How much to tip barmen all inclusive

I'd give each of them 50 dirhams.

London, United...
reviews: 7
2. Re: How much to tip barmen all inclusive

Is that about a tenner, personally I don't agree with tipping when all inc unless service has been particular outstanding because I think it becomes expected. There is a choice factor to work in the hotels that offer all inc and the costs are built in the price. I would prob tip very little if anything for the bar man in a non all inc hotel. I would however prob tip the maid daily if I thought they did a good job.

England, United...
reviews: 39
3. Re: How much to tip barmen all inclusive

A tenner! No, more like just under £4 I think. (But then maths was never my strong subject.)

I'm curious to know why you differentiate between AI hotel vs a non AI hotel. Surely the AI is for drinks not to cover tips.

London, United...
reviews: 7
4. Re: How much to tip barmen all inclusive

I feel the AI market has damaged a lot of good hotels and the careers built in them , I am doing AI because this is a mini break and i want to keep in control of costs but I do think a hotel will work harder if it needs to satisfy a guest, with AI I have found the service and standards tend to me less as they don't need to really try. Guests will simply struggle on if its not good and often wont go out of the hotel to put money into the local community , if its good they def wont go out and put money in the local community . Tipping is ok if not expected but when you see how some areas have gone with high expectations on tipping when in a all inclusive , it sort of becomes a unofficial cost to the holiday. The amount of reviews ive read not on this forum but where you need to tip the pool buy for a lounger, the drinks man for any kind of drink service, the bar man to be sure service is quick, the restaurant man to be sure you get a reservation at your convience , the maid to ensure they do service the room properly, it just goes on and on and loses control of a situation But that is my opinion and many love what AI offers.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
5. Re: How much to tip barmen all inclusive

Agree with David, 50DH (£4) is a good amount to give.

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 107
6. Re: How much to tip barmen all inclusive

I normally tip 50DH to members of staff who have provided good service .

7. Re: How much to tip barmen all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:19 pm, March 06, 2014

Reply to: How much to tip barmen all inclusive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted