We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare for local people

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 2
taxi fare for local people

I wonder how much the locals pay for taxi fare from airport to Marrakech? they use the meters or have to haggle like the tourist?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 77
1. Re: taxi fare for local people

well the official rate from airport to town is 70dh for a petit taxi in the day, more at night or for a grand taxi - in theory that is the same for a local or a tourist

however many locals will probably have a few taxi drivers they know who they can call to collect them and then it might be cheaper

Edited: 7:04 am, February 25, 2014
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: taxi fare for local people

Most locals have a family member or friend who has transport and therefore rarely rely on taxis!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
3. Re: taxi fare for local people

Hi,

In addition to the above responses many local people would use the airport bus in preference.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 32
4. Re: taxi fare for local people

I once caught a taxi just outside of the airport compound, the taxi driver asked for 30DH to take me near to Bahia Palace (close to jemma el fna square). I don't think any taxi driver will put their meter on to take you (or a local) from the airport, simply because of the amount of time they are waiting around for a fare.

Any tourist who pays 80-100DH has got a decent deal, I have seen tourists at the airport terminal get asked for 300DH and they have agreed and just got into the taxi........it is quite funny watching fellow tourists coming out of the airport terminal and speaking to the "fat controller" who seems to be in charge of the taxi drivers.

uk
5. Re: taxi fare for local people

there are 6 of us, 3 adults and 3 children, arriving in the evening, we might need to get a bigger taxi and pay a bit more. would 150dh to 200dh be reasonable?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
6. Re: taxi fare for local people

for a group of that size I would ask your hotel/riad to arrange the airport pick up - with luggage etc you may struggle to fit even in a grand taxi

7. Re: taxi fare for local people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, February 26, 2014
uk
8. Re: taxi fare for local people

thanks for the useful information, will ask the riad for a quote once we decided which one. be interested how much they charge, if not too over the top, I think we are better off to pay a little extra and not getting lost : )

uk
9. Re: taxi fare for local people

our raid quoted us 60dh per person and 120dh after 8pm, our flight arrive near to 8pm, which means 6 of us will be 720dh, seem a bit much. consider 3 of us are age 8-12, and we only got hand luggage. is it difficult to get a taxi ourselves outside the airport after 8pm?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
10. Re: taxi fare for local people

I dont see why they should quote per person and 120dh each is crazy!

It is not difficult to get a taxi after 8pm - you might all squeeze into a Grand Taxi or perhaps 2 petit taxis will be needed, exact price depends on your haggling skills but either way it will be cheaper than your riad quote