We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech to Ouarzazate region day trip

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
Marrakech to Ouarzazate region day trip

Hello,

We will be in Marrakech next week, and I would like to do a day trip through the tizi-n-tichka pass to Ait Ben Haddou, and other sites.

My questions:

What else should we try to see while in the area?

Is it reasonable to do as a day trip or should we stay in Ouarzazate for a night before returning to Marrakech?

I would like to see a lot in this trip outside of the city but I don't know the distances between sites.

Thanks.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
1. Re: Marrakech to Ouarzazate region day trip

It's a four-plus hour trip either way. I'd definitely do it as an overnight otherwise you won't have much chance to see things. Investigate visiting the Telouet Kasbah as well as the ksar of Ait Benhaddou.

In Ouarazate you could visit the film sets including the 'Kingdom of Heaven', see post #17 at morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Personally I'd visit Ouarzazate and the film sets first, then overnight at Ait Benhaddou to capture the sunset and sunrise. Visit Telouet on the way back.

Edited: 1:13 pm, February 16, 2014
2. Re: Marrakech to Ouarzazate region day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 18, 2015