We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forged note

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Walmer, United...
reviews: 166
Forged note

Beware of a scam which was used on me. I went to an official Change window...I wanted to change £150 so took the notes from my purse. The assistant then passed one £20 back which was torn almost in half, I apologised and gave her another, taking back the damaged note. As we walked away I pondered how I had not noticed giving her a torn note and realised that I only ever get notes from an ATM so could not have had the torn one. Sure enough on close inspection it was a forgery, which she had very easily got rid of. Make sure you count out your crisp notes carefully.

3 replies to this topic
Florida
reviews: 6
1. Re: Forged note

This is good to know. Can you tell me what city this was in.

Walmer, United...
reviews: 166
2. Re: Forged note

As I posted this in the Marrakech forum I guess the city was Marrakech.

3. Re: Forged note

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:42 am, February 17, 2014

Reply to: Forged note
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted