We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splitting up my accommodations

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winchester, United...
reviews: 75
Splitting up my accommodations

I'm looking at several riads in the medina (can't decide) and one hotel in Gueliz? Would it be a good idea to spend a couple of nights at each place during the ten days that I will be in Marrakech?

9 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
1. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

I would stay in Medina, but not all ten days. If I will be so long in Marrakech, I would like to do some overnight trip outside. But if you want to stay the whole time in Marrakech, stay in Medina, why you would change to Gueliz? Medina is nice.

But of course, it depend also on which time you will be there, if later when it is hot so it can be good to have a swimming pool and cool down a bit. But even some riad have smaller swimmingpool, so ...

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

You can split the accommodation how you want to, I would personally take some time out in the middle of your 10 days (maybe 2 nights) and go and stay in Essaouira. Having stayed in a few different hotels in Gueliz (on my first few trips to Marrakech) and then in a few different riads in the Medina, I now always go for the riad experience,

When you are in Gueliz, it feels like you could be in any European city, when you are in the Medina, you know you are in Marrakech.

10 days in Marrakech is quite a lot of time, you can see all of the tourist sites in 3 or 4 days, you can take a daytrip into the Atlas Mountains and the rest of the time you can spend exploring the Medina and souks of Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

At what time of the year are you considering staying mayday2073? This could influence your decision as I especially agree with MIB15 above that day trips could be on your agenda.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
4. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

It would be a pity to spend ten days in Marrakech and spend all of it in cities. Have a couple of nights in the mountains around Imlil.

For example (and this is one chosen at random): dartighoula.com/Our-Room-Dar-Tighoula.html

Winchester, United...
5. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

I will be in Marrakech 17-27 May.

Winchester, United...
6. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

Okay thanks you guys. I was planning a day trip to Essaouira but now I think I will stay a few days. I definitely want to go into the mountains and I'm currently searching for a good tour operator for Sahara camel trekking. I will be going alone and most companies I have come across are doing group tours.

Winchester, United...
7. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

Wow that looks really nice and cool Tim. Thanks for the link.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
8. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

To do some trip into the desert you need at least 3 days, better 4 days. You will go back to Marrakech then, so I recommend you Erg Chigaga. You can take a bus to Zagora - Supratour or CTM - look at www.oncf.ma or www.ctm.ma and you find both schedule and the price.

Then from Zagora take a local bus or shared taxi to M'Hamid, go to some accommodation and they arrange the trip by 4x4 to the Erg. There you can stay over in the camp on the edge of sand dunes and take also camel trip, either at the day only or overnight in sand dunes.

Winchester, United...
9. Re: Splitting up my accommodations

Thank you Khamlia :-)

Reply to: Splitting up my accommodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted