We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 14
Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi,

We are travelling to Marrakech from 14 - 21 Feb, can anyone tell me what the weather is like there during this time? Do I need to pack t shirts and shorts/three quarter pants or jeans and long sleeved shirts/dresses?

Also, although I haven't decided what activities I will be doing there yet (not had time to research yet!), I have read some of the info on here regarding Morocco, but not sure how much money to take. Does anyone have a general guideline for a group of 4 people (per person)?

Thanks in advance!

18 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
11. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi

The weather was nice and sunny yesterday, but chilly in the evening. But last night it rained and today was quite cold. I'm hoping the weather picks up tomorrow! I haven't been to Essouria yet. But was thinking about taking the bus down. Just need to find out which bus number it is and where/what time it leaves.

Rugby, United...
reviews: 8
12. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

I hope the weather turns nice for the rest of your hols, please let me know how essaouria goes and also how much you ended up spending if that's not rude to ask. Cause im also wondering how much money we need to take.also is it easy enough to get cash from the machines there or did you do it at the airport? Thanks :-)

Manchester, United...
13. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Thanks! We went to the Atlas Mountains today, but unfortunately it rained so we didn't go see the waterfall. Did see the Berber villages/houses and how Argan oil is made and of course the mountains. Planning on going to Essaouira tomorrow (Wednesday). We are going to take the Supratours bus, which is 70 dhiram per person each way. So a return ticket of 140 pp. Apparently it takes 3 hours and it has certain times it goes and comes back. Planning on getting the 1030 one there, and the 1800 one back! It'll be 100 dhiram to take the taxi to the Supratours bus station. I haven't used the cash machines here yet. I initially changed £500 when I got to Marrakech Airport, but i'm probably going to change another £100/£200. It totally depends on which activities you are planning on doing. It's pretty easy to change money in town/your hotel too, so just start with about £200 per person (ish) and go from there!

London
reviews: 6
14. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

How was the trip overall? Hope it was as fab as mine!

Manchester, United...
15. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi, we had a good time. The weather was a little disappointing although the last day was hot. It was quite an action packed week! We ended up taking a taxi to Essaouira as we missed the supratours bus. I'll review some of the sights etc later but thanks for your help! Glad you enjoyed your holiday too :)

London
reviews: 6
16. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Sorry about the weather. I noticed last saturday night when i was leaving it was raning cats and dogs but other than that, weather was great while I was there. Hope you liked Essaouira. Did you do only day trip or overnight?

Manchester, United...
17. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

I think in total we only got 2 hot days in Morocco, which is unfortunate but not much you can do about the weather! We only did a day trip to Essaouira, as we were only in Morocco for 7 nights. But it was quite an action packed week. we went to watch Chez Ali but I think that was a waste of time personally!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
18. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

The fantasia at Chez Ali has often been described as "Disney meets Morocco", fine for a family with kids but otherwise...

Reply to: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted