We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 14
Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi,

We are travelling to Marrakech from 14 - 21 Feb, can anyone tell me what the weather is like there during this time? Do I need to pack t shirts and shorts/three quarter pants or jeans and long sleeved shirts/dresses?

Also, although I haven't decided what activities I will be doing there yet (not had time to research yet!), I have read some of the info on here regarding Morocco, but not sure how much money to take. Does anyone have a general guideline for a group of 4 people (per person)?

Thanks in advance!

18 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi,

Bring a mixture of the type of clothes you mention. Weather can change so though you may have some hot sunny days you could have rain as well. Bring a light waterproof in case. Check the top questions box on the right of the page for seasonal averages.

How much money entirely depends on what you want to do. Eating out can be very cheap or European prices. Alcohol is expensive. Are you big shoppers? Bring an emergency fund then just use the ATM's to take out what you need when you need it.

Edited: 4:59 pm, February 12, 2014
Manchester, United...
2. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Sorry, I should have specified! We are staying in an All inclusive hotel - so will only be eating out if we're out doing activities and find somewhere to eat. None of us drink alcohol, so that's pretty easy.

I want to avoid using the ATM's as I know the bank will charge me each time I do. Therefore I was thinking about £300-500 per person. We probably won't be doing a huge amount of shopping as our luggage allowance is 15kg, but will probably get some souvenirs.

As far as activities, I know I want to go to Marrakech Markets on Saturday. I want to visit Jemaa el Fna, and Koutoubia Mosque. We want to go on the quad bikes too in the desert (though can 2 people fit on 1 bike? I'm not sure if i'm going to be any good driving one!). That's as far as i've got! Was also contemplating a day trip to Agadir for the beach.

Thanks for your reply!

London
reviews: 6
3. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi there, i hv bn in morocco since 8th feb and heading bk to london 15th feb. The mornings and late evenings are definitely chilly so bring something warm or layers.

Regarding money, it all depends how much shopping you intend to do. In the 4 days i hv bn here so far, i hv spent the equivalent of abt £100.will probably spend another 100 or close to before i leave.

Manchester, United...
4. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi Akelia,

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure I pack some things for the cold. I'm thinking about £300 per person should be enough. Are you in Marrakech (Riu Tikida Gardens by any chance?), any places you'd recommend to visit?

Thanks!

London
5. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hi there,

I am staying at Riad Tizgui in the medina though I am currently down in Essaouira. Took the supratours bus down yesterday and head back to Marrakech tonight. All I have done in Marrakech so far is the main square, souks, la koutoubia (tho can't enter), bahia palace and jardin marjorelle. The jardin marjorelle and essaouria have bn my favourites so far. The souks are great but can be overwhelming. I think i will do most of my shopping down here in ess as even though it's smaller, it's more pleasant. I am still aiming to do a trip to the high atlas tomorrow if i can get on one. Might do the saadian tombson saturday if i hv time. There are definitely lots to do here,it's all abt what u r interested it. Next time i visit morocco i will do one of those desert tours. Unfortunately i cdnt fit it in this trip.

Edited: 3:08 am, February 13, 2014
Manchester, United...
6. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Hope you're enjoying your holiday. Thanks for your reply. I'll have a look at what I want to do activities wise once I get there tomorrow night hopefully. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Coventry
reviews: 12
7. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

I would rethink Agadir and choose Essaoueria instead....much nicer, JuzAgirl.

I'm flying in on Monday, we are doing nights Marrakesh, 2 nights Essaoueria and back to Marrakesh for 2 nights. Looking forward to it.

London
8. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

I haven't bn to Agadir but I agree with the previous poster that Essaouira is a must visit! I spent one night there and it was amazing. My only regret is I wished I had spent more time there and less in Marrakech.

Manchester, United...
9. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

Thanks guys, I'm going to do that instead. I'll visit Essouria instead of Marrakech. I'm in Marrakech now and so far we have visited the Saadian Tombs, Djama el fina, Jardin Marrjorelle. Today we are in Gueliz (not very impressed). Tomorrow we'll go Atlas Mountains I think. Thanks for your help!

Rugby, United...
reviews: 8
10. Re: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?

how are you finding the weather JuzAGirl? Did you get the bus to Essaouria? if so how long did it take? hope your having a fab time :-)

Reply to: Weather in Feb & how much money to take?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted