We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hammam

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ellenwood
reviews: 3
Hammam

What is the average cost of public hammam in this year 2014?

16 replies to this topic
Dixon
reviews: 17
11. Re: Hammam

I must confess--during the scrubbing and buckets of water poured over my head in a public female hammam, I needed to pee. The attendant spoke no English but she understood my problem. With a wink she stood behind me and poured a bucket of water over my back as I peed sitting on the floor next to my mat.

Windsor, United...
reviews: 25
12. Re: Hammam

Lol Dixon. Not sure if you should share that info. I went hammam few times in casa. Never took any mats or saw locals take any. You simply turned up. Cleaned the area yourself. Pour some water. Then lie down and relax.

10dhs for entrance. And everybody paid the assistant 20dhs for scrubbing and massage.

Edited: 7:28 am, February 17, 2014
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
13. Re: Hammam

DixonTurnip,

That is really quite disgusting, something a child might do. Your communication skills are obviously lacking or the attendant would have shown you where the toilet was (and yes, all hammams have toilets).

Dixon
reviews: 17
14. Re: Hammam

Just telling about my experience. Lots of naked toddlers with moms/ grandmas, I'm sure they peed too.

Skin falling off during gromage? That is what a female pubic hammam is all about.. Shaving armpits, legs and private areas in front of others. Way outside my comfort zone! Normal at a local hammam.

Sorry you if I offended anyone.

Rugby, United...
reviews: 8
15. Re: Hammam

So can I juat ask what you are supposed to wear? Can I have a swimming costume on abd my partner his shorts?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
16. Re: Hammam

SightseeingB,

Have a look at the what to expect in a hammam posts in the top questions box on the right of the page for the answers to all your hammam questions.

Edited: 3:50 am, February 18, 2014
Reply to: Hammam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted