We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hammam

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ellenwood
reviews: 3
Hammam

What is the average cost of public hammam in this year 2014?

16 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 53
1. Re: Hammam

Hi,

Prices haven't changed this year; 10 Dirhams entry and 50 Dirhams to have someone scrub you and give you a tqsal massage (stretching and not for the faint hearted or unbendy!). The person you pay to "help" you will always ask for a bit more so budget for 100 Dirhams to cover everything and don't take any more than that with you.

Ellenwood
2. Re: Hammam

That covers tip also right? And do I have to tip everyone that services me?

Ellenwood
3. Re: Hammam

100 Dirhams. That's about 12 or 13 dollars US. Am I figuring that right???!!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
4. Re: Hammam

Hi,

$12 is about right at the moment and you don't have to tip, you are paying for a service already (only one person should be looking after you) but if you want to 100 Dirhams should cover the whole experience.

Ellenwood
5. Re: Hammam

Excellent, thanks so much!!!!

California
6. Re: Hammam

Hi - I have a question about the 'local' hammams: I've read the posts here, and I truly am looking forward to this experience when I go there in a couple months... and I will do the ' local hammam' - being a true believer of "when in Rome...." haha. But after reading a vivid description, it says that after the washing portion, you are lying down on the floor for the massage, and my first thought is of all the other naked people who have layed down there and walked around there.... is there any kind of cleanliness issue to be concerned about? I'm not a paranoid person, and I definitely don't mean to offend anyone with this questions, but it sounds so unsanitary to me... am I missing something in the explanation? thanks so much!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
7. Re: Hammam

Hi,

You can buy hammam rubber matting at local kiosks (the ones which sell buckets and other hammam supplies) which you'll lay on the floor for massage etc.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Hammam

Jtravelbug @6^, each person thoroughly washes his space on the floor before using it.

No need for any kind of mat.

California
9. Re: Hammam

thanks for the responses!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
10. Re: Hammam

Most people in Marrakech take a mat, you see locals heading for the hammam with their buckets filled with hammam supplies and a mat and plastic slippers bought from a local kiosk sticking out the top. Maybe they aren't so hygeine concious in Taroudant :-) !

Reply to: Hammam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted