We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver for photographer?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 21
Driver for photographer?

Hi Everyone,

We are a writer/photographer team (two women) and will be spending 10 days in Morocco with Marrakech as a base.

We would like to visit places that are off the beaten path and would be better off with a car and driver/guide for some of the time.

Our problem is finding someone trustworthy... any thoughts on how we might do this? We're looking for someone who would know where to take us for fabulous photography and intereresting stories.

Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 61
1. Re: Driver for photographer?

Hi,

Most drivers are not guides so you may need two people. Your hotel or Riad in Marrakech will have contacts with reliable, insured drivers so should be able to help.

2. Re: Driver for photographer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, February 06, 2014

3. Re: Driver for photographer?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 61
4. Re: Driver for photographer?

Well, poster number 3 had such a fantabulous time it's taken 9 months to bother promoting their "friend" never mind post a review? Pinch of salt may be required.

5. Re: Driver for photographer?

Balzan, Malta
reviews: 6
6. Re: Driver for photographer?

Hi,

I would suggest Trips to Morocco for such a trip. Have a look at their link here on Trip advisor tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304017-d2…

Me and two other friends are keen photographers and spent 2 weeks going around many places of great interest in Morocco. The drivers were very knowledgeable and apart from that local guides where also provided to explain the history, traditions and culture of places visited.

I'm sure that Trips to Morocco will be the ideal people for you. They are quite flexible and help you around in whatever the need arise. Enjoy! :)

Balzan, Malta
reviews: 6
7. Re: Driver for photographer?

Adding to what I said in my previous post , I would say that 10 days based in Marrakesh is not the ideal thing to do but I would leave this in the hands of the experts to suggest to you.

8. Re: Driver for photographer?

Removed on: 4:05 am, February 26, 2014

Reply to: Driver for photographer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted