We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to finalize itinerary around New Year's

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 120
Trying to finalize itinerary around New Year's

We have four full days in Marrakech, December 31 and January 1-3.

One day we'd like to do a tour of the medina with a guide. Another day we'd like to do a day trip to hike in the mountains. Another day I'd like to visit the donkey sanctuary outside Marrakech and go to the hammam in our riad. And then the last day, Jan. 3, I figured I'd just leave open to relax and wander.

So my question is if we toured the medina with the guide on December 31 would we get the same experience as if we toured it on a different day, or will things be quieter/closed since it is New Year's Eve? Also do you think companies would be offering a day hike on New Year's Day (Jan. 1)?

Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Trying to finalize itinerary around New Year's

December 31st is the busiest day of the year in Marrakech. Nighttime is chaotic but fun! Be in the square, Djemma al Fna, for the festivities. If your riad is not doing dinner on that evening ask them to pre-book you a table (as soon as possible as in the next two weeks or so restaurants will become fully booked).

New York City, New...
reviews: 120
2. Re: Trying to finalize itinerary around New Year's

So do you think that it would be good to do a guided tour in the medina during the day on December 31?

Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Trying to finalize itinerary around New Year's

Your riad will organize a trusted guide for you - just let them know in advance!

4. Re: Trying to finalize itinerary around New Year's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 23, 2014