We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco/Portugal in late January, early February?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 11
Morocco/Portugal in late January, early February?

Hi all,

I have a two-week holiday during the last week of January and the first week of February. I am hoping to get to Morocco and Portugal but before I do any further planning, I am curious on the weather during that time? Will I be able to do all the usual activities (camel, desert, seaside towns, etc)? Should I book slightly more expensive hotels to ensure heating? My mom and my aunt will also be joining me and while they are not incredibly luxurious, I know they will not appreciate being freezing cold the entire time.

Suggestions please! And thank you, as always.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Morocco/Portugal in late January, early February?

For an idea of Morocco's climate during this period remember that it can be incredibly varied. If you have only a week in each country I would discount a trip to the near desert. For an idea consult the average weather for Marrakech (Top questions...) top right of screen, and for Portugal, Google Weather Underground for statistical data there. Portugal is also a country with many climatic regions also (as is Turkey, so expect the unexpected!) Anywhere on the North Atlantic coast can be vey chilly in winter and that includes both Portugal (the cities of Lisbon, Porto) and Marrakech (the resorts of Safi, Agadir, Essaoura and Al Jedida.

2. Re: Morocco/Portugal in late January, early February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 01, 2014