We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recomendation for 1 day trip???

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 14
recomendation for 1 day trip???

hi all

i am a male, and will be travelling solo to marrakech from 28th november - 3rd december (5 nights)

i am looking to spend most of my time in marrakech and wandering around the city and sites available, but want to know of any 1 day trips that will be good for a solo traveller.

i have looked a little about atlas mountains but cant find anything for a solo traveller.

i will be staying in marrakech rouge hostel, so maybe tag along with fellow travellers staying there

thanks

Luton
reviews: 6
1. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

I'm struggling to understand why you don't think any of the possible day trips to the Atlas Mountains might be suitable for a solo traveller because this is just how I spend most of my time in Morocco! Fear not, you are bound to meet lots of independent travellers at Riad Marrakech Rouge who you will be able to join up with. If you are still interested in the Atlas Mountains, one possibility would be to head out to Imlil and trek to the sacred shrine of Sidi Chamharouch. If you are not a Muslim, you should not cross the bridge over the river to the shrine itself, but it still makes for a fascinating visit. You could then descend back down the Ait Mizane Valley to Kasbah du Toubkal and enjoy a drink and/or a meal on its terrace overlooking the valley. I'm sure you'd have a great time!

London, United...
2. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

All I have found is private trips which work out quite expensive for a solo traveller on a budget. I was looking for maybe a group tour that you could join as a solo traveller.

Looking at my hostel website they arrange tours so have emailed them. I would not be booking now but on my arrival in marrakech so I can go on a day when the weather is reasonable ( I hope)

Luton
3. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

It all sounds good. They are a very friendly lot at Riad Marrakech Rouge, so I'm sure everything will work out well for you.

London, United...
4. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

The trips they have on their website to atlas mountains and ourika? Look good and prices are €25 -€40 which is about what I would pay.

Apart from what you have said previously are there any other good trips or tours?

I have fancied looking at the tanneries but not heard good things about the so call tour guides.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

hi adrian,

i'm also having a difficult time finding people to go on trips with me. going solo is expensive :(

i found this hostel's website today and it looks like they offer day excursions:

djemaaelfnahotelcecil.com/Marrakech-excursio…

good luck!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
6. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

Dont worry about it, just book when you get there - when you wander around the medina, street touts will try and sell you tours (try the busy street leading up to the Grand Hotel Tazi). For example, as a solo traveler you can pay around 200dh for transport to Ourika Valley and back

if you are staying in a hostel then just club together with a few other people (max 6) and hire a grand taxi for the day - you have more flexibility to explore the Atlas and it will be even cheaper

Luton
7. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

Hi Adrian,

Nibrika is right to reassure you how easy it will be to organise an excursion once you are in Marrakech. If you want more ideas before you go, however, just type "Day trips" into the search bar for the Marrakech Forum above and you will find lots more suggestions.

Newcastle under Lyme
reviews: 3
8. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

hi, I'v just returned from my 2nd trip to Marrakech - solo. Please dont bother with the tanneries, there is not much to see and the smell is awful, then they try to pressure sell you something in the tannery shop. I was offerred 3 wallets for 600 dr when they were for sale in the souks at 35 dr each! I did a one day cookery lesson, which was excellent for 450 dr with just the chef and myself plus a visit to the spice shops which was one of the highlights of my trip. Peta M

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 3
9. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

Hi Peta,

Can I ask where you did your cookery course?

Many thanks

London, United...
10. Re: recomendation for 1 day trip???

Thanks all for the input, gonna wait till I get there and book it with the hostel I think so I know what the weather will be like.