We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location/address of seven saints

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
Location/address of seven saints

Hi All,

Hope you all are in the best of health, I was wondering if anyone knows where the seven saints of Marrakech are? the location and address.

I have tried googling info, however the best i got was, this persons tomb is near Bab el something something, etc.

I don't want to spend alot on a tour guide, so was hoping to taxi my way round, and do the visits myself, any recomendations on how to get around to see the seven saints tombs?

Also I want to experience some sufism thing, anyone been to any place where they do chanting of gods name/spiritual exercises in Marrakech.

A map with pin point locations would be fab.

I look forward to hearing from you all, thanks in advance for all your help.

17 replies to this topic
London, United...
11. Re: Location/address of seven saints

Shimmin- Thanks for the page, this is the exact one I found whilst googling lol, but I thought someone expert out there would have a map of some sort, but thanks for sharing that link, now all can benefit from that page.

Edited: 2:56 am, October 28, 2013
Luton
reviews: 7
12. Re: Location/address of seven saints

I confess I know very little about Lalla Zohra except the traditional story that, although a woman by day, she would transform in to a white dove by night. You will have walked past her koubba a thousand times without realising it. It stands brightly and white right by the road side on Avenue Mohammed V in front of Koutoubia.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
13. Re: Location/address of seven saints

Zaouïa Sidi Bel Abbès, behind Bab Taghzout may be of interest to you as it is the resting place of Marrakech's "first" or "premier" saint. He is revered for establishing a hospitalrefuge particularly for the blind and is open to Muslims (the courtyard is open to non-Muslims too). Services are conducted there but whether they are Sufi in nature I don't know. The gate (Bab Taghzout) is not one in the medina ramparts but instead is an internal one (far north-west) and a little difficult to find but taxi drivers know it or just ask for Sidi Bel Abbès - it is a well known destination.

I would appreciate a report on your findings when you return as Sufism is becoming increasingly supported by the Moroccan government (as a part antidote to Salafist Islamic extremism particularly in Algeria and Tunisia.)

Edited: 7:37 am, October 28, 2013
London, United...
14. Re: Location/address of seven saints

I like the sufism way, the path of love, which connects ones soul to the universe, I want to find my soul.

what days and times do they have services at the zawiya? can you be my guide?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
15. Re: Location/address of seven saints

Although I love the concept of the peace enhanced philosophy of Sufism I am not a Muslim and therefore would be denied entry to the holy places of worship. Alas, I cannot be your guide. For opening times and times of services Google Zaouïa Sidi Bel Abbès (that spelling) for the most recent information. I wish you well.

London, United...
16. Re: Location/address of seven saints

Alan- If you haven't already done so, I would request you to read the story of Imam Suliman Jazuli, one of the seven saints. I only got to know about him when I saw his book called Dalail ul Khairat in my dream, when I woke up and googled the book, I found out about the author. Mystical

Luton
reviews: 7
17. Re: Location/address of seven saints

Thank you. I have just found a copy of his work online.

Reply to: Location/address of seven saints
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted