We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Hi all!

Planning a little trip early Dec and am thinking about staying in/near Medina area - am I right in thinking this is a good option for somewhere fairly lively with an authentic feel?

I've never posted anything on TA so hope this is a suitable ask! Would be most grateful for any recommended for places to stay, check out and general

My friend and I are early 30's and in 3 days want to shop, spa, eat good food and visit a couple of nearby places. By night, a little music and drink with or after dinner would be great!

Thank you, look forward to some insights and recommendations! :-)

10 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
1. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Depending of your budget you have a choice of hotels. Myself always stay in Hotal Ali, which is situated right at the square. The hotel offers good food, breakfast, recently completely renovated, good value for your money.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
2. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Hi,

Hopefully your budget will allow you to stay in a Riad in the medina. Have a look in the hotels tab at the top of the page for all the reviews and recommendations. You can set parameters regarding price etc to help narrow it down. Once you've settled on a few try sending a message via their profile to a few reviewers (click on their name and a send message option appears on the left). Remember most reviewers will only have stayed in one Riad so you need to make the comparisons yourself.

The restaurants and things to do tabs will help a lot as will the owner/manager of any Riad you choose. There are also loads of good tips and ideas in the top questions box on the right of the page.

I apologise for making you work but there really is a plethora of information already here to help you make your holiday a memorable one.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited: 8:08 am, October 20, 2013
3. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Haha! I don't mind the work - all part of the fun! thank you both.

Morocco Athens, we are looking to pay £60-£90 per night :-)

London, United...
reviews: 11
4. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Just a thought for you.

I am going solo late november/early december and staying in a hostel as its much cheaper and you get to meet loads of people from all over (and drinking buddies if required).

Have you ever thought of a hostel?

5. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Hi Adrian

Thanks for your message - I think we're set on booking a riad in the medina - will only be in Marrakech for 2 nights and feel like indulging a little ! :-)

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

hey! I'm going to be there in early December too : )

Adrian: have you found a hostel yet? I'm also traveling on a budget.. not sure where to stay.

London, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Hey claire.

Im staying at hostel marrakech rouge.

Staying in a six bed dorm for £8/€10 a night!

Its got great reviews you should have a look at it.

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Hello!

I will also be heading to Marrakech in late November/early December! I'm actually planning to head to the Moroccan International Film Festival, although details have yet to be released.

reviews: 16
9. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

I never stayed at riad myself even tough I have visited some. There is plenty hotels, riads or apartments to choose from. Medina is very busy/noisy and many riads are hard to find as it's maze of tiny souks some of them badly lit at night etc. It's safe place, friendly but for first-time female visitors could be bit intimidating. Some men will make comments especially if you wear revealing clothes. You will be woken up by prayer calls too. I would suggest that you book hotel around hivernage area just outside medina and you got few bars/clubs around for evening drink. Check novotel suite hotel about £50 with breakfast great location 5-10min walk to jema el efna, 2min from la mammounia, opposite sofitel and next door to extrablatt and Comptoir darna. 10dirham taxi ride from main square. Enjoy Marrakech!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
10. Re: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)

Official film festival site in English:

http://en.festivalmarrakech.info/#

Dates are announced sharmeee but not programmes as yet. If the last few years are anything to go by in another two weeks or so will yield information.

Reply to: 3 days in Marrakech! Female First Timers :-)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted