We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snakes

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hailsham, United...
reviews: 6
Snakes

Feel very embarrassed and pathetic to ask but I am absolutely petrified of snakes and I'm due to go to Marrakech in a few weeks. I hadn't realised they are so common in the square and I'm really not looking forward to my holiday now because I'm so scared of having one thrust in my face or even the wooden ones would freak me out! I want to see Marrakech properly but also want to be able to relax and not worry about Snakes for 4 days. If I walk around the edge of the square, will I definitely avoid them or is it tricky to stay away from them if you're walking around? Are there shopping areas free of snakes?? Thanks very much in advance.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
11. Re: Snakes

Thanks Flower007 for your response. Let's hope that it will allay the fears of all of you ophidiophobes out there!

uk
reviews: 87
12. Re: Snakes

Thanks for the update, you're a star! Glad you enjoyed your visit, I can look forward to mine more now!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 8
13. Re: Snakes

Flower07 - Thanks so much for your post. I feel the same way about snakes (can't even watch them on TV) so it was with great relief that I read your post as I am going to Morocco next year

Paris, France
reviews: 63
14. Re: Snakes

they are in a certain region of the square. if u stay away from that region, you can clearly avoid them.

just listen out for the annoying flute, and don't head in the direction of the sound.

hope that helps

http://moroccotravel101.blogspot.ca/

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 8
15. Re: Snakes

It certainly does. Thanks

Katonah, NY
reviews: 304
16. Re: Snakes

Now I am dying to know if I will see snake charmers in Fes or Ouarzazate, as we won't be going to Marrakech. Anyone know if there are sanke charmers in those places? My kids will love it!

Taroudannt...
reviews: 3
17. Re: Snakes

Linda, I've not been to Fes and I've never seen snake charmers in the square in Ouarzazate, but we definitely have snake charmers here in Taroudant where I live. That would be in the main square called Place Assarag.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
18. Re: Snakes

I never saw any snake charmers in Fes, although that doesnt mean that there arent any - perhaps ask in the Fes forum.

The main square in Marrakech is a a circus of entertainers and performers - Fes and Ouarzazate don't really have anything like that.

19. Re: Snakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 15, 2014