We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakesh - cheap?!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 139
Marrakesh - cheap?!

I'm looking into booking a long weekend for myself and my husband in Marrakech and 5 star hotels seem to be REALLY cheap! Am I missing something or is Marrakech in general just super cheap?

9 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
1. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

check the reviews carefully for any potential hotel - the star ratings in Morocco often dont mean a lot, I recently stayed in a so called 4star hotel in Casablanca that barely deserves 2stars!

most of the time you get what you pay for, however there are some very nice hotels in areas that are a bit far from the action (e.g. Agdal or Palmeraie) that have good deals as they are struggling to fill their rooms - so you may get a good hotel but need to taxis everywhere.

norfolk
reviews: 30
2. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

check out the riads as well. staying in a riad in the medina is what makes marrakech special for me.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

AI hotels are not authentic - if you want cheap then that is what you get, especially in the Agdal or Palmeraies districts. For the real deal take the advice from pam_redboots. Stay in the ancient medina, the real heart of Marrakech.

Cardiff, United...
4. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

Some of the genuine 5* hotels are relatively cheap (compared to other places around the World), some of the "other" 5* hotels are probably 3* hotels in reality.

Having stayed in a few different hotels and riads in Marrakech, I would agree with what has been already recommended to you, there is a big difference between hotels and riads, and I would always stay in riad.

Marrakech can be as cheap (or as expensive as you want), it caters for all budgets........

London, United...
5. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

I had no idea what sort of prices hotels were, I looked on expedia.co.uk and was shocked that some of the 5 star road hotels are literally peanuts!!

I'm use to paying something like £120 for a 5 star hotel for one night, but according to expedia, I can get a 5 star for 3 nights for £200!!! So thought I post and check here with you experts!

Cardiff, United...
6. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

The hotels you have seen are probably 3 or 4* in reality, the "real" 5* hotels do charge around £100-£120+ per night, the two examples I can think of are Sofitel Marrakech (around £120 per night) and Hotel ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie (around £110 per night).

You can often get special offers, my friends have just booked a late deal with Thomson, 7 nights all inclusive, flight from Gatwick to Marrakech, staying at Hotel ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie for £350 per person.

You can get a very nice riad in the medina for £70 per night, that price would include transfers and be on a bed and breakfast, it really is a different experience and one you should try out when visiting Marrakech.

London, United...
7. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

Thank you MIB15. I will do some more poking around! Plan to book in November.

Definitely want to stay in a nice road!

Henley on Thames
reviews: 40
8. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

We're going for a few days at the end of December but staying out in the Palmaerie as, having stayed in Istanbul last year in the 4 Seasons we couldn't sleep for the call to prayer being broadcast through speakers at ungodly (sorry!) hours.

I know we'll have to pay for taxis but also don't really feel comfortable with too much noise, hassle and bustle so will just dip in to the Medina for a couple of afternoons/evenings.

reviews: 16
9. Re: Marrakesh - cheap?!

I stayed in sofitel and les jardins de la koutubia they are real deal 5* . Also stayed at cheap 5* which was disappointing in reality3* but what you pay is what you get check hotel reviews on here before booking

Reply to: Marrakesh - cheap?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted