We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Karvina, Czech...
Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Dear Friends,

My family and I are planing a Morocco desert trip, we are interesting in camel trekking tour starting from Marrakech..overnight in desert camp..sunset/rise..

On the google and TA search we foud a Moroccan excursions website(http://www.morocco-excursion.com/excursions.html ) that includes tours all over Morocco , but all the tours starting from Marrakech, Fes but for 3-6 days...

There's not desert in Marrakech or in 3 hours from Marrakech ? some friends told me you can ride the camel in Marrakech but when i contacted a lot of companies who organise camel tours, they offer 3-6 days tour included 1 night in desert.

Can someone help with more informations and advices ?

Thanks

30 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Hi,

Most people recommend at least 3 days or more to experience a desert tour from either Marrakech or Fes.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293734-d676623…

Is proving popular as a desert taste not too far from Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

See

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k3995…

for useful information.

Karvina, Czech...
3. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Thank you for your help,

And how about the camel ride, it's better long or short time ?

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Short, unless you have reinforced gluteus maximus.

Middlesbrough...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Hi,

We did a trip to Zagora (small sand dunes) it took us over 9 hours to get there. We did an hour camel ride (long enough) and spent the night in a bedouin camp which was a good experience. Due to it being a cloudy evening we saw no sunset, sunrise or any stars, which I had really been looking forward to. The roads are very twisty with long drops and we witnessed 4 accidents on the way back. Glad I did it but not really worth the travelling time in my opinion.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
6. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

you can ride a camel in Marrakech, but the night in the desert experience with sand dunes is a long drive away

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
7. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Near Marrakech is one smal desert, without sand dunes, but there you can stay over night and ride camel also. Shimmin writes about that too as I see, google Agafay desert so you can find more information about.

8. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:51 pm, August 03, 2014

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
9. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Hi Helen M,

You don't need any special clothing to ride a camel but they are not the most comfortable of animals for the uninitiated so wear sturdy trousers for a bit of protection against chafing ;-)

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 9
10. Re: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes

Having been to the desert several times now, I have to admit that going on a camel is not for me and maybe not for everyone. I felt I was fighting to stay on the beast for most of the time! Every time I went down a dune I was pushing hard onto the 'handle' to stop from flying over the top and when I got off after an hour trek, I was aching all over especially my inner thighs which had never been stretched that wide before! I thought I'd be clever and take a point-and-shoot camera with me but all my shots were of the handle, the back of the camel's head or just blurred nothingness! Maybe I'm just overweight and unfit, but I shall avoid camels from now on unless they are between to burger buns!

Reply to: Camel Trekking Tour,Night in Desert,Tour from Marrakech/Fes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted