We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech in January

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Marrakech in January

Good or bad idea? I understand the weather is mild and cool at night, but is there anything else I'm missing? I assume there is still plenty to see and do, as there are during peak summer months?

8 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Marrakech in January

Hi,

Marrakech never closes so the weather should be the only consideration about when to come. January may have fewer tourists if that is a preference.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Marrakech in January

Here are the statistics (compiled over the last 17 years):

January

The average high temperature for January is 19 degrees Celsius with a statistical range of 8 C to 29 C while the average low is 7 C with a historical range of -3 C to 15 C. It’s mostly sunny throughout the month with a 10% chance of a cloudy day.

And just to point out summer is low season (temperatures too high for many folk). Everything will be open. Click on "Things to Do" in the green navigation bar above for ideas.

London, United...
3. Re: Marrakech in January

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated

reviews: 16
4. Re: Marrakech in January

Visited in December last year daytime temperature around 20c was sunbathing and swimming but in the evening temperature drops need jumper/ jacket

5. Re: Marrakech in January

Ive read that there are a couple of days which are religious holidays in january so everything is closed but they are single days spread out

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 18
6. Re: Marrakech in January

I have been twice in January and enjoyed both visits. The sky was blue, the sun came out in the mornings and melted the frost from the plunging night time temps. We wore jackets in the evening and tee shirts at lunch time!! Loved it :))

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 18
7. Re: Marrakech in January

To add to my post ...... There's no guarantees of what the weather will be when YOU visit in January so be prepared by packing lots of layers for warmth, good shoes for puddles and a waterproof jacket to keep you dry.

Drummermum

Edited: 6:09 pm, October 30, 2013
8. Re: Marrakech in January

Sounds like a british summer to me and it is probably best to go in january as the summer months either have the problen of sweating in full clothes or offending locals by wearing more revealing clothes

Reply to: Marrakech in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted