We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech Pools in November

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Marrakech Pools in November

We're planning a few nights in Marrakech in November but in choosing a Riad I don't know if I should be swayed by there being a pool. Will an outdoor pool be useable or even open in November? I'm a cold mortal and the weather has to be tropical to get me plunging into ice cold water. Do the pools warm up through the summer? I fancy a small/cosy very traditional hotel but many of them don't have pools. Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
1. Re: Marrakech Pools in November

well you never know with the weather but by November some pools will be closed so dont base your riad choice around that

London, United...
reviews: 53
2. Re: Marrakech Pools in November

Amy Im the same as you and am struggling to find answers, so when I go next week and am able to use the pool Ill let you know! Though bear in mind youll be going a month later than I shall!

Richmond, VA
reviews: 5
3. Re: Marrakech Pools in November

Personally, I've been mid-November into Dec the last 3 years and found Marrakech to be chilly. Maybe shirt sleeves during the day, but at night an undershirt, two shirts, a sweater and a light windbreaker. Part of it is because sitting around with friends in cafes, there isn't always heat. So no chance I'd be in a pool unless it was heated, and not by the sun.

reviews: 16
4. Re: Marrakech Pools in November

Just came back 10days in Marrakech and essaouira. Temp in Marrakech 27-32c essaouira bit lower as its windy. Visited Dec last year day temp around 20c was swimming but in the evening temp drops need jumper or jacket. Some hotels have heated pools which you can use for 200dirham sofitel and les jardins de la koutubia roof terrace pool but shallow prefer sofitel

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
5. Re: Marrakech Pools in November

Pools in riads tend to be of the "dipping" variety and located in shaded courtyards. Some are hardly bigger than footbaths or bidets! Select your accommodation with other criteria in mind Amy G!

Luton
reviews: 7
6. Re: Marrakech Pools in November

A small, cosy, traditional riad with a (good size) pool is Riad les Yeux Bleus. Of course, I can't guarantee the temperatures in November but, nonetheless, it's one of my favourite places to stay in Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 9
7. Re: Marrakech Pools in November

You have probably already booked, but Riad Dar Anika has a good-sized pool which is offset and not in the middle of the courtyard where people eat, drink or relax. Also it doesn't have floating rose petals which many 'plunge' pools have. Riad Elizabeth also has an offset pool. Whichever you choose, it'll probably feel a bit nippy!

Reply to: Marrakech Pools in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted