We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much for mens leather jacket In souks?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 11
how much for mens leather jacket In souks?

Been reading on here abd lonely planet that the leather jackets in Morocco are quite good and a fraction of the price back home.

Roughly how much should one look to haggle the pricedown to?

Some post have said 300 - 70700mad

Also what are the signs to look out for good ones and not so good ones?

Is it possible to get a jacket made to measure and how much roughly are they.

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: how much for mens leather jacket In souks?

Should say 300 - 700mad not 70700!

Sorry

2. Re: how much for mens leather jacket In souks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:42 am, October 28, 2013

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: how much for mens leather jacket In souks?

Oh. I don't know John W. I have traffic control cop nearby who looks just this side of butch in leathers. Only trouble is that she's a woman.

Back to the subject. Having helped friends buy leather jackets in Marrakech a reasonable starting price is 1000 dirhams. Anything under is guaranteed to be poor quality. Some, the best, can reach 3000 Dh. As a very brief guide to quality look for a) suppleness of the hide with a good waxed finish (not greasy but shiny), b) double hand stitching (machine stitching is less durable), c) a quality liner, both in the body of the jacket and sleeves and d) quality buttons and/or any other embellishments (epaulettes etc).

You can have a jacket made to measure. Have your first fitting as soon as you arrive to allow time for the work to be done and any alterations made. Avoid the tanneries district for this. Look up "leather jackets" in the search bar above for details of other outlets.

London, United...
4. Re: how much for mens leather jacket In souks?

Thanks guys.

I thought 700mad was a little too cheap.

Im not looking for an amazingly expensive jacket as it will just be worn out and about, down the pub etc etc so wouldnt want to spend too much if thay makes sense. Plus I am a northerner and very tight with my money haha thats why I love haggling!

Think near the 1000mad sounds reasonable to me. Where are the places to buy. In the souks or elswhere

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
5. Re: how much for mens leather jacket In souks?

Hi,

You could have a look at the Ensemble Artisinal on Avenue Mohammed 5 which has a quality leather outlet and set prices.

Edited: 1:08 pm, September 23, 2013
Reply to: how much for mens leather jacket In souks?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted