We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel away from Medina

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
reviews: 2
Hotel away from Medina

We have booked to travel to Marrakesh on 26th Sept for 8 days and have booked to stay in a Riad in the Medina for the first few days and would like to stay out of the centre for the rest of our stay with a possible overnight trip to the mountains. Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 50
1. Re: Hotel away from Medina

Moroccan House Hotel in Guilez, fabulous hotel, and they organised my trip up the Atlas Mountains with a private driver for around £35/pp.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
2. Re: Hotel away from Medina

Where was the location in the High Atlas kickinchicken? Price would depend on that. Also prices are normally quoted per vehicle, not per person. (Only interested in different pricing practices - not questioning you otherwise!)

London, United...
reviews: 50
3. Re: Hotel away from Medina

It was roughly 70 quid - I broke it down pp to try to give helpful advice lol thought they could compare prices better that way! 70 for two of us private jeep.

Went to a kasbah for lunch and to some falls (small ones) and to a berber village and their market (it was on a Tuesday) couldnt tell you the names of the towns for the life of me. Picked us up at 6am and we had him until 6pm. Went up pretty high and played in the snow. Even made the driver make a mini snowman with us. Was beautiful :)

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
4. Re: Hotel away from Medina

if you want to stay in the mountains then have a look at hotels in Imlil:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g488109-Imlil_Marra…

there is also Maroc Lodge in Amizmiz which I can personally recommend

Leuven, Belgium
reviews: 38
5. Re: Hotel away from Medina

for me the best area to stay away the medina is just behind the cyber park(in front of ensemble artisanal center),in the direction of airport

i stayed in hotel akabar,rue echouhada,24, is a quite residencial area with a lot of green,but also hotels and modern cafe's,

you can walk in a quite street without cars till the artisanal centre.

www.hotelakabar.ma

Reply to: Hotel away from Medina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted