We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rudeness at airport

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
reviews: 12
rudeness at airport

I have used this airport twice in four months and both times experienced extreme rudeness of local women pushing in queues whilst at passport control.

3 seperate groups women with families pushed their way to the front, despite people objecting to them and telling them to wait like everyone else. My daughter had been through the control and my documents were on the counter, when one woman spoke to the man in charge and passed all her families passports over my head to the man ( this also went on in other queues)

I argued with the woman and told her she was very rude and ill mannered and was backed up by other people in the queue.

Is this a common occurence? is it the fault of the guy in charge - locals looking after their own? or do people people just lack manners?

Do other people have experience of this?

1. Re: rudeness at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:01 am, October 28, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
2. Re: rudeness at airport

is this when you are arriving or leaving Marrakech?

if it is leaving then it could be people who are late for their flight being sent to the front of the queue

but what John says is also very true

Middlesbrough...
reviews: 12
3. Re: rudeness at airport

It was as we were leaving. As Brits I thought we were being quite assertive by blocking the way in the queue, and telling them they had to wait like everyone else, but she actually waited until my documents were on the counter then just passed all her families passports over my head to the man.

Maybe they were running late - but I suspect not, and if so, as locals she should be aware of the time it takes at that particular airport. I think it's as John says, it's normal behaviour to some people. I will stick to being well mannered, assertive to a point without wanting to cause a fuss, letting her get away with it then having a good old moan to other people on here lol

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
4. Re: rudeness at airport

When I go to pay my utilities bills, the system is that the BILLS are laid out on the counter with the newest arrival going to the end of the queue. The woman behind the computer takes them in order usually, and calls out names for payment.

But from time to time there are pushy people who disregard the system, go directly to the lady and usually get served immediately. I have no way of knowing their individual circumstances.

In my case, I would never think of complaining, but being in a queue at an airport is an entirely different story. I'm glad to hear you managed to be assertive without causing a scene.

5. Re: rudeness at airport

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, September 12, 2013
6. Re: rudeness at airport

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

7. Re: rudeness at airport

8. Re: rudeness at airport

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:03 am, October 28, 2013
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
9. Re: rudeness at airport

Brits know how to queue, unfortunately Moroccans don't. "Non-queuing" happens in the bank, supermarket, bakery, post office, train station, etc - as well as at the airport.

The next time you leave through Marrakech airport try to avoid the passport control queue on the left - this line is notorious for queue-jumpers.

On an occasion when I was travelling by myself a foreign family showed me their passports and boarding passes and tried to go ahead of me. I replied by saying that I had a flight to catch too. Another family walked straight to the front of the line in an effort to queue-jump, so the foreign family did the same. The passport officer very firmly told them all to get to the back of the queue. The foreign family then returned to the line and tried to queue ahead of me. I firmly reminded them that their place in the queue was behind me. I couldn't believe that they went to so much trouble to be ahead of ONE person in the queue!

norfolk
reviews: 30
10. Re: rudeness at airport

it happened to us too. i would not tolerate queue-jumping anywhere else, but am always cautious in any airport. kicking off and being refused boarding would be very expensive, and sadly, this is all too frequent an occurrence these days.