We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen...
Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

Can anyone please recommend a nice Riad or hostel in Marrakesh? I am travelling alone and I am in my 30s. I would like to stay somewhere lively and authentic where there is a chance of striking up a conversation with other travellers. At the same time, a noisy, dirty hostel probably isn't the deal...

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
1. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:04 pm, September 09, 2013

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

Cecilie, you could see if your local public library has a Morocco guidebook.

London, United...
reviews: 34
3. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

As a single women traveller (of more than 30yrs!) I was very happy with Hotel Cecil which ticked all the right boxes for me. I needed somewhere clean and secure and within easy reach of Djemaa al Fna and it most certainly was all of that. I is set out over four floors and breakfast is served on the roof terrace which does have a view to part of Djemaa al Fna in one direction. Breakfast is a simple and laid back affair but more than adequate. Rooms, also simple, are comfortable enough and clean. Free wifi is available in the communal areas (and if you are lucky in the room but you may need the window shutters open for this).

I've now stayed there a couple of times and found that the visitors there are from a wide cross section of people - age, nationality, travel experience and expectation etc.

I did a review for Hotel Cecil on 17th Dec 2013 entitled 'Ticked all the right boxes'.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293734-d1903…

If you want any more information feel free to pm me.

Ii should add, I have no connection to this hotel other than being a satisfied customer.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
4. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

check the Hotels, BBs section on Tripadvisor Marrakech page it will help you finding the right one after you read helpful details for solo women travellers.

Moncton, Canada
5. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

I will be in Marrakesh in October..did a lot of research on this riad;;;staying there...

RIAD Le PLEIN SUD

Bed and breakfast

56 DERB DERDOUBA ARSET IHIRI BAB DOUKKALA 40000-MARRAKECH MA

Telephone :00212524380730

Fax :00212524380732

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
6. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

Is this becoming a dating site?

7. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:06 pm, September 09, 2013

manhattan
8. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

Hi! I am arriving next week and staying at Riad Wo. It is pretty centered in ton and a lovely spot. A friend of mine just got back and stayed there and thought it was great.

Have fun!

Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
9. Re: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s

Hotel Ali would suit you, right at the side of square Djamaa El Fna, where it is all happening. Easy to find a way there from the airport, and at night.

Clean comfortable, pleasant staff, and above all, good prices. I always stay there when in Marrakech.

Has been recently renovated. There you can meet fellow travellers at yr breakfast table.

Read TA reviews if you like.

Reply to: Where to stay in Marrakesh, single women in my 30s
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted