We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how cold?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 50
how cold?

I know that nobody can predict the weather in October but im wondering realistically should I pack a coat cardi or light jacket for first week of Oct?

Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 8
1. Re: how cold?

Hi Kickinchicken,

I'm a great believer in always having layers of clothing with me any time from September to June! Only July and August are predictable! So, vest tops for sunbathing can double up as a base layer, T shirt on top, light cardi, then light jacket - and a 'summery' scarf is handy for covering up from either the sun or the wind or for modesty purposes! Any combination of these can then be worn as necessary. If you're planning on trips to the mountains, however, a light fleece might be handy too - just in case. Hope this helps. Bon voyage :)

Marrakech, Morocco
2. Re: how cold?

Hi Kickinchicken,

I'm a great believer in always having layers of clothing with me any time from September to June! Only July and August are predictable! So, vest tops for sunbathing can double up as a base layer, T shirt on top, light cardi, then light jacket - and a 'summery' scarf is handy for covering up from either the sun or the wind or for modesty purposes! Any combination of these can then be worn as necessary. If you're planning on trips to the mountains, however, a light fleece might be handy too - just in case. Hope this helps. Bon voyage :)

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 16
3. Re: how cold?

I'm putting out the feelers to the DH for another visit in October too. He's not biting as yet...... but not giving up as the old heart is desperate for another dose of Marrakech Magic!!!

If he knows it will be light layers and an occasional fleece that may sway him! ( that suggests temps he can cope well in)

Here's hoping:)

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
4. Re: how cold?

October

The average high temperature this month is 28 C with a statistical range of 15 C to 40 degrees C. At night this falls to an average low of 16 C with a historical range of 8 C to 23 C. Mostly sunny during this month but there is a 7% chance of a cloudy day.

Marrakech, Morocco
5. Re: how cold?

Hi Drummermum and Kickinchicken

Obviously the suggestions I've given above for clothing are just my personal opinion. Pilobolus has given you the accurate statistical information for the month of October, so this is what you should go by when determining whether or not to take warm clothing. No one can really predict future temperatures. I do hope it's nice and warm for you though and the layers I suggested are enough! In my experience, they usually are!

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 16
6. Re: how cold?

Thank you MrsSwez and Pilobolus for your info,

We have visited in Jan this year and Jan/March/ April in the past so October sounds a good time to make a return trip. I always take light layers as it happens, and my Husband tries to avoid too high temps if possible.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
7. Re: how cold?

I do not usually reply with personal anecdotes, especially on weather predictions (!) but on this occasion I will: my cousin often visits me in October and frequently gets sunburnt, silly girl! Nights are cooler as the statistics show.

London, United...
reviews: 50
8. Re: how cold?

I read those temperature reports before asking, of course, but I'm rubbish with numbers, to me 28 doesn't mean a thing...Im assuming warm? haha! Thanks for the stats though, It looks like a jumper/fleece should do the job. Ill be happy if I can do a spot of sunbathing and swimming - two things I've never been able to do when visiting Marrakech! (Ive always gone during winter!) Guess I am again, but hopefully there will be dregs of summer left!

Dixon
reviews: 17
9. Re: how cold?

Pack just a few clothing items, mostly underwear. You can buy what you need when you get there. That's the fun of Morocco--arriving with an empty suitcase and spending a fortune on shipping all the stuff that won't fit in it on the return trip.

Reply to: how cold?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted