We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colouring pencils and Pads

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 53
Colouring pencils and Pads

Last visit I took some of these to the kids at the Synagogue in Mellah...Are they more deserved (for want of a better word, perhaps I mean needed) anywhere else? :)

7 replies to this topic
Paris, France
reviews: 64
1. Re: Colouring pencils and Pads

atlas mountains and to villages on the way there

if u ever take a tour there, the guide will hand your good out to various kids during your tour.

adil did this with my tour with 4x4 camel

Edited: 6:28 pm, September 02, 2013
London, United...
2. Re: Colouring pencils and Pads

On this trip I am not visiting the Atlas Mountains, though I did take supplies to the berber villagers last time I went :)

Any other suggestions? :)

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Colouring pencils and Pads

Orphanages/childrens' charities such as Atfalouna and Espoir. Second hand kids' clothing in good nick is also welcomed. Very good of you to think of the less fortunate.

London, United...
4. Re: Colouring pencils and Pads

Where might I find these? :)

I do like to bring gifts when I visit!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
5. Re: Colouring pencils and Pads

Espoir

Centre de l’espoir Hôpital - Ibn Nafi

Amerchich - 40 000 Marrakech

Atfalouna

Address: 48, Derb Jdid Bab Doukala – Marrakech

Tel : 05-24-37-77-14 | 06-77-53-81-11

email: ???.atfalouna@yahoo.fr

TA will not accept the spelling of the three letter word indicated by the question marks above. Think of a synonym for a donkey instead!

Edited: 8:04 am, September 03, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
6. Re: Colouring pencils and Pads

A little Food for Thought on this topic:

1.Its better to give to an organisation than hand to kids during a tour - this promotes a handout/dependency culture and makes passers-by into beggars. See the thinkchildsafe website as well for info on how to be a responsible tourist and not give hand outs to street kids.

2. Its better to buy local and support the local economy than uncut it and bring in free stuff from abroad.

7. Re: Colouring pencils and Pads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, February 04, 2014

Reply to: Colouring pencils and Pads
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted