We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, England...
Day Trips from Marrakech

Hi there,

I am travelling with my girlfriend to Marrakesh in two weeks for 7 nights. I want to do trips:

Day Trip to Telouet, Ait Benhaddou & Ouarzazate,

Day trip to Atlas mountains and a third maybe a city, for example, Fez.

I would like to know if I have to book it now myself to have it for sure or is there a chance that I can go to Marrakesh city centre on the first day and book it myself for next day or in two days? Are there prices lower when I book it myself in Marrakesh? I found day trips for £50 per person on average. Also is it easy to book a camel riding in Marrakesh?

I will appreciate any help here as I do not want to waste my trip.

Thank in advance

Norbert

Subic Bay Freeport...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

Hi Norbert,

Really, £50? Well, that's cheap. The cheapest that I got for the trip that you're planning is £200 (for 3 days). Most of the tours to Sahara that I checked range from £190/day. For sure, day trips are cheap but you cannot go on a day trip to Telouet, Ait Benhaddou & Ouarzazate. Maybe an overnight trip but not a day trip. It's really far and you will be driving on mountains so the car cannot speed up at 100 or 120.

Edited: 7:20 pm, September 01, 2013
Liverpool, England...
2. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

I am not talking Sahara here. Sahara is expensive itself. I mean, for example, a day trip to Atlas mountains or any day trips from Marrakesh. Do you prebook them weeks before or you can book them for next day in Marrakesh?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
3. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

you can book them when you get to Marrakech if you want - your hotel/riad should be able to provide info or there are touts trying to sell these tours in the streets

the recommended daytrips are Atlas Mountains, Essaouira and Ouzoud Waterfalls

I know that trips are offered to Ouarzazate and back in a day, but it is too far so you basically spend all day in the bus with no time to enjoy anything

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

See here for reasonable suggestions:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293734-Activiti…

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
5. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

The drive up and over the High Atlas (towards Ouarzazate) is very scenic, the Kasbah at Ait Ben Haddou is stunning, you can easily spend a few hours there (one of my favourite places in Morocco, yes it is a bit touristy, but then we are tourists!), the Kasbah at Telouet is also very nice. I found there was not a lot to do in Ouarzazate unless you wanted to visit the movie studios.

As previously advised, you would not be able to see everything in a day, if you can spare a night to stay in the area, then you will have a very nice time. If you want to hire a private driver for the whole day, they will charge you between £100-£120 per day in total (for a 7 seater type vehicle), then you have your accommodation costs on top (around £10-£30pp).

For a private day trip to the atlas mountains, expect to pay around £80 for a private driver, you maybe able to get a grand taxi to take you for around £50.

Forget a daytrip to Fes, it is just too far away, if you want to see another place, then head to Essaouira, expect to pay around £90-£100 for a private driver, £60-70 for a grand taxi. You could even take the Supertours coach, which costs around £8 per person each way.

I personally like to book before leaving the UK, but that is personal preference, there are lots of tour companies operating around Jemma el Fna square, try to do a bit of research before leaving so you will not end up with one of the "cowboy companies".

There are lots of camels around Marrakech, you will not have a problem finding them.

Also consider taking a horse drawn carriage around the old medina , it is very nice around sunset.......

Liverpool, England...
6. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

Thank you very much MIB15 for this. This is the crashed guide I needed. Thanks a lot!!!

London, United...
reviews: 36
7. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

I had a specific reason to want to visit Ouarzazate and, whilst I Marrkesh I saw a trip advertised for there and booked. It did mention a couple of other places en route but I stupidly did not ask enough questions. I ended up on a 12hr day but only 30mins in Ouazazate! The journey was good, and it was lovely traveling up through the Atlas mountains and reviving some very old memories - but it did not achieve my aim.

There are a number of places advertising day and/or overnight trips from Marrakesh and you can book for the next day normally if you wish. Just make sure you ask questions before booking to be sure it's really what you want and expect.

8. Re: Day Trips from Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 06, 2014