We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cascades of ouzoud

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scunthorpe, United...
reviews: 11
cascades of ouzoud

hi has anyone done the trip to cascades of ouzoud ,, if so is there a lot of walking especialy going uphill please ,,, as i have breathing problems ,, thanks anyone ,,,

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: cascades of ouzoud

The normal 'arrival' point is at the top of the falls. Obviously if you then descend a bit you'll have to ascend for the return. It's nice to go all the way down but you can see a lot for the total effort of about four flights of stairs. Just take it easy.

Scunthorpe, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: cascades of ouzoud

thankyou very helpful

Dixon
reviews: 17
3. Re: cascades of ouzoud

I loved walking the falls last May! I'm over 60 years old, obese and a heavy smoker. I stayed at Hotel Ouzoud in Beni Mellal. Big mistake, find lodging closer to the falls. I paid 300 for a one way taxi trip, 2 hour drive over potholes and ruts but the upside was being dropped off near the top to fend for myself. Tour busses had passengers that only walked a portion of the route, just enough to take photos and shop.

A young man guided me to the top of the waterfall. I was scared to look down because there are no guard rails. But the top has many small streams so you can easily walk across the top. He took me on an unmarked trail, no other tourists in sight, for a wonderful adventure. Up and down, barely a goat trail, slippery at times, using fig tree roots to hang onto, sometimes it felt like being in a rainforest. Once I got to the bottom it got touristy but a dip in the pools was so refreshing. The photo ops along the way are wonderful. When you make it down the falls, don't wimp out and take the bus back.. Take the 883 stone steps on the other side for the best views. You will be out of breath often, but my private guide had no problem with my slow progress. Nicest compliment was when he spoke to his friend in Arabic and said "The old woman is strong".

Reply to: cascades of ouzoud
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted