We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plunge pool?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 13
Plunge pool?

Travelling to Marrakech in early Nov for 4 days with the missus.

How important is it to find a Riad with a plunge pool to take a refreshing dip?

Obviously it won't be super hot. I have found a great Riad but it doesn't have a small pool. Should I look for be with a pool or won't we use it?

Thanks

Luton
reviews: 6
1. Re: Plunge pool?

I've always enjoyed a pool if my riad has had one but I've not missed it otherwise. Of course, you're much less likely to miss a pool in November than in summer! I honestly think the overall quality of your riad is much more important. If you're otherwise happy with your riad, I certainly wouldn't change it.

Frankfurt, Germany
2. Re: Plunge pool?

Hey,

if your riad has an air conditioner, I think you won't miss a pool at all. We were in Marrakech by the end of July to the 6th of August, it was VERY hot (about 45-50 degrees). However, we didn't use the pool very often because our room was perfectly climated (or we just took cold showers).

I think in November, it won't be any problem at all.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Plunge pool?

Unless properly maintained small pools can constitute a health hazard. The level of chlorination required can also be an irritant to those sensitive to the chemical. In addition many 'plunge' or 'dipping' pools are barely larger than bidets or footbaths and hardly worth the bother! And in November you would not be using one anyway. If your chosen riad meets all of your other requirements then don't worry about lack of a pool - you won't miss it! Have a great holiday.

Mirleft, Morocco
reviews: 24
4. Re: Plunge pool?

I second Pilobolus2011's comment: I'll always prefer a shower over a pool simply because most people just jump into the pool, no matter how dusty and sweaty they are... So with pools, the choice is either between dirty water or too many chemicals in the water to keep it "clean".

5. Re: Plunge pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, September 03, 2014