We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paying with euros

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brighton england
reviews: 33
paying with euros

is it better to exchange to dirhams or can most things be bought with euros, or maybe a mixture of both thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
1. Re: paying with euros

It's Morocco so why would you take euros?

Yes some traders *might* accept euros, sterling, dollars, etc., but at a terribly poor exchange rate.

brighton england
reviews: 33
2. Re: paying with euros

most guide books say to take euros as they are welcomed more than any other currency

3. Re: paying with euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:22 am, October 28, 2013
Paris, France
reviews: 63
4. Re: paying with euros

I feel that it is better to negotiate prices and get a better deal in the local currency.

I would recommend exchanging to dirhams

Yes, they will accept euros and a mix of euros and dirhams, but again, you'll get a better deal in dirhams I think

Luton
reviews: 6
5. Re: paying with euros

I'd like to assure you that the trekking guide that I wrote does not advocate taking euros to Morocco! In the Atlas Mountains you will typically be offered only 10 dirhams for one euro and so there is no advantage in taking euros at all. Indeed, unless you take dirhams to the mountains, don't expect to get any change from your transactions!

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: paying with euros

As you are from England, take sterling and exchange to dirhams when in Morocco.

7. Re: paying with euros

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:21 am, October 28, 2013
Taroudannt...
reviews: 3
8. Re: paying with euros

John W@7 has given you all the advice you need, so pay heed.

South Shields...
reviews: 12
9. Re: paying with euros

Hi, hope you don't mind me adding to the thread...john @ post 7, so its better to just go to ATM and take your dirham out instead of waiting at the exchange kiosk in arrivals? It does appeal more to me just to go to the ATM, and I will get a good exchange rate still?

I always notify my bank when travelling abroad as I always end up using an ATM!!

Thanks

10. Re: paying with euros

Removed on: 8:21 am, October 28, 2013