We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothing

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worthing, United...
clothing

help someone please we go to marrakech in 2 wks yes im very worried about going can anyone help what is or not suitable to wear please

1. Re: clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:24 am, October 28, 2013
Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
2. Re: clothing

What specifically are you worried about?

Subic Bay Freeport...
reviews: 23
3. Re: clothing

Hi Teresa,

Like you, I also had the same problems two months ago before traveling here. Now, I've been here for 2.5 months (inlcuding Ramadan period) and I never had problems with what I wore. Of course, just be mindful about mini-skirts, plunging necklines, etc. Morocco is tolerable about these issues but please, remember that this is a Muslim country so you should also show respect. I suggest you read about their culture first. There are lots all over the internet. And yes, read the past posts here like what John suggested in the first reply. Enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 77
4. Re: clothing

Perhaps he or she is worried about punctuation.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
5. Re: clothing

Yes, Grahame, that was quite a sentence.

Since Teresa has not yet come back, we are left to guess what she is afraid of.

Is it that Morocco is a Muslim country?

Let's just wait to hear back from the lady.

Worthing, United...
6. Re: clothing

I was only asking about clothing as I've read about shoulders being covered & long trousers but looking at people's photos on diff sites women r wearing short skirts & skimpy tops I don't like attention so wanted to dress to not get attention .I'm very much looking forward to the holiday as a whole

norfolk
reviews: 30
7. Re: clothing

as a visitor, you must expect some 'attention'. it is what it is. but covering up a bit helps.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
8. Re: clothing

If one were to print out all of the responses to the topics relating to clothing, have them bound (Moroccan binding of course!) and compiled into books then one would have enough to fill an entire bookcase. All that can possibly be said on the subject (facts, fictions and sundry opinions) have already been said. Let this particular topic rest please.

Luton
reviews: 7
9. Re: clothing

Beautifully put, Pilobolus. I can't tell you how relieved I am to read your words! John wisely provides the link to previous discussion.

Manila, Philippines
10. Re: clothing

Hi, are you Filipino...?just wanted to ask what are the requirements in visiting Morocco as tourist aside from non visa for filipino citiizen , any vaccination needed? Also if you with bf together in one room both non moroccan , are we allowed? how strict they are?thanks