We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving or coach from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 8
driving or coach from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

My wife and I have two days in Marrakesh in Sept. What are the 'must see' for a first timer? We have 3 further days and are planning to travel to Ouarzazate either by car or by CTM or Supratours. I have driven to Elafonsi with its mountainous terrains in Crete and also Highway One in California so I am thinking of hiring an economical small car to drive from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate. I know it takes some 5 hours and the roads are not well-maintained unlike Highway One or in Crete and Moroccan drivers can be kamikaze. The other alternative is to take a CTM or Supratours coach to Ouarzazate at 11:15am and return to Marrakesh two days later at 8:30am. My query is whether to hire a car or take the coach. Any advice or caveat would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
1. Re: driving or coach from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

Have a look at the 'Things To Do' tab at the top of the page for the must sees in Marrakech.

You can drive to Ouarzazate without much problem, the kamikaze drivers tend to be in the city and driving out of town is much easier - having the car will be a definite bonus so you can stop off at interesting places along the way and explore the area further

2. Re: driving or coach from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 30, 2014