We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech for the weekend Friday- Sunday

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 18
Marrakech for the weekend Friday- Sunday

Hello All,

i am trying to finalize some activities/sightseeing for a weekend in Marrakech.

I arrive at 130pm on Friday and leave at 2pm on sunday.

I would like to see sights like Royal Palace, Jardin Majorelle ,Bahia Palace, Medina, Museum of Marrakesh or Museum of Moroccan Arts and of course Jemaa el Fna and the souks. if time allows possibly a spa treatment.

Previous travellers can you please share what sights i should def visit and how long do you think I need for each place? i see some of these places on here and the timing is about 1-2hrs each.

I am also thinking about doing the hot air balloon ride over marrakech has anyone been? Do you recommend it?

As far as money goes, should i pay in Euro's or MAD, i'm coming from the US so i will also have dollars, is it easy to exchange to MAD or will most places take euros?

I just want to make sure i make the most out of my time in Marrakech i'll be staying near the Medina so i am walking distance from most places.

Please let me know your favorite places and what i MUST see and do while in morocco.

if there are any really good restaurants in Medina area i would also appreciate suggestions! i leave this week so would be nice to finalize my itinerary!

thanks in advance!

xoxo

Richmond, VA
reviews: 5
1. Re: Marrakech for the weekend Friday- Sunday

You need MAD, most of the sights you listed take only MAD. A lot of businesses in Marrakech only take MAD - restaurants, hotels, vendors, etc. Except maybe the larger hotels and more expensive restaurants but I don't know for sure as I don't go. You can exchange money in the airport upon arrival after you get your luggage.

Personally for me, I could spend Friday afternoon & evening just around the souks and Djmaa el Fna, but I like to hang out and go slow and absorb everything.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
2. Re: Marrakech for the weekend Friday- Sunday

Hi,

It is a very short visit indeed for you to see all that you would like. I'd suggest the Majorelle Gardens on your first afternoon then the square for supper at the foodstalls (number 1 is my favourite). You could do the hot air balloon trip on the Saturday morning then maybe the souks and the Museums later in the day with a nice dinner in the evening at one of the many restaurants in the medina (you'll have to look at the tab at the top of the page and check reviews for recommendations). You should just have time for spa treatment on Sunday morning before you leave.

New York City, New...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Marrakech for the weekend Friday- Sunday

Thank you for your suggestions!

4. Re: Marrakech for the weekend Friday- Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 28, 2014